Thread: Downfall

Blog Entries

psp Downfall

Jamiefuller posted this news/release:

Hi All,

This is my new project, I wanted to create a 2 player game with a chat client built in, I remembered an old game from my childhood (yep way before computers took over) there was a great 'board' game called 'Downfall' by MB. the challenge of programming that grabbed me and so I began.

I have fully written the gui, and its looking good, its a bit strange to play and the networking isnt in place yet so you cant actually complete anything.

This game also features an MP3 player which scans your music folder for tracks, you can select which track is playing by pressing and holding the left trigger to bring up a control panel. then use the cursors to control it.

let me know what you think, I am considering dropping the project as the bit I wanted to write is now written and I dont have another PSP for testing networking but if there is enough interest I will complete it.

control the 'cogs' by moveing the curosr over them with the analogue stick and pressing 'Cross' to turn anti-clockwise and pressing 'Circle' to turn clockwise.

move the pointer over the right side of the scren to active the chat window and then use the dpad to control the onscreen keyboard.

If someone else would like to finish the project instead I'm quite happy to release the source.

cheers
    Jamie

Via Jamie fuller

ill try this right away.......looks really interesting

ill talk to him about the problem with not having 2 psp to try adhoc. i got 2 psp's personaly to test adhoc play....so i can help out with that

Thanks for Everything,
    PSPdemon

Edit: really nice! if you can have adhoc in play.....then that would be sweet cause it would give me somthing to do during my boring school hours

Wish you the best of luck!
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

I have two PSP as well if you need help testing, PM me if you are interested

EDIT: i didnt notice this was from the news postings, if the developer is interested, then i have to psp to use for testing.

this looks cool and does look similar to the actual game

I used to love downfall as a kid so i'll gladly download and give feedback, looks great.

I used to love this as a child too! Great work Like the look of it too

DCEmu Art Pro

I play downfalll evrytime i go to my cousins!

Adhoc would be cool.

Is it adhoc chat. because i have been looking for a app like this for sooooo long!
    a sorta DS chat thing. but without the touching. maybe you could put a area for drawing in!

DONT GIVE UP!

Thread Information