Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UAE4ALL Update!

Default UAE4ALL Update!

Today:

- Amiga500 with 1MB RAM.
    - Frameskip1 (very close to real speed).
    - Preliminar Menu System like DCaSTaway.
    - Filemanager (load and reload floppy images).
    - Sound (not crystal and slow a bit).

TODO:

- Virtual Keyboard.
    - Speed up.
    - Complete Menus.
    - Crystal sound.

Toast this 1st_read.bin and kick.rom to root cdrom and a lot of your games (ADF floppy images).

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/uae4all.shtml

Let's rock!

DCEmu Coder

Default Re: UAE4ALL Update!

Hi chui

once more

-Mekanaizer-
    &&
    Don't dream, play DreamCast!!!

Blog Entries

thanks for another great release

great work!

thks chui

The preview release worked great, but now with this emu, when I go to select the image, it subsequently hangs on a black screen.
    The same thing is happening to me presently with DCaSTaway.
    Any ideas why?
    Tom

ok i just tested:
    Please add the multidisk/more floppy support, cause there are few 1-disk games to test.
    The sound is in VERY early stage, it slows. Also the controlling of joystick is wrong (the direction up and right)
    Games tested:
    Giana Sisters - error GURU MEDITATION <lol>
    PP Hammer- working with sound, bad controls
    Ruff N Tumble - it runs! but in main game theres a black screen, music&sound is playing, but nothing to see
    Motor Head - works with sound, bad controls
    North & South - full working title with sound

umm... Do you have 'kick.rom' at root cd? Are you sure?

I test it with kick 1.3.

DCEmu Newbie

hi there! I've just registered here, mainly because of UAE4ALL. Great work you've done there! i would have never imagined to ever see Amiga software running on the DC... Well, here some of my test results with the latest version:

General issues: inserting another disk image forces reset, so no "on-the-fly" switching possible. Right mouse button not emulated? Emulator menu stays (partially) on screen after exiting when screen is not redrawn by running software (well, something like that)
    --
    Workbench 1.3.2: works, weird mouse problem: goes to middle of screen but not further to the right, same with up-down. Can't test WBs programs because of this...
    PP Hammer (cracked): can't skip crack intro, dunno what happens after that (too slow and don't want to wait)
    Katakis: works, sound as well. statusbar is off screen, joystick problem (pressing right does down-right, pressing left does up-left)
    Traps'n'treasures (2 disks): starts, has sound - even the "Starbyte Software presents..." voice sample plays -, screen position goes slightly wrong, unable to test further than title because of missing on-the-fly disk switching

cu

DCEmu Newbie

Hiya Chui, great job on the emu.. I'm loving it soooooo much. I can't beleive you lot were able to do this. Thank you so much. It's a pity you don't check www.dcemulaion.com, as I posted a couple of problems over there that the emu has that you may not be aware of... I'll just copy and paste for you

1) The emu will load a black screen if you have 2 controllers plugged in. I have my keyboard up in the cupboard, so I havn't tested that yet.. perhaps that cancels this error, but at the moment it causes the emu to hang on a black screen when you have 2 controllers in. I wasted 10 CDs before I found out.. haha.

2) The controller isn't right. Pushing left = diagonal up/left and pushing right = diagonal down/right. Also, the mouse would only move up and down while in game, and very slowly. Sometimes the X button on the controller acts the same as pushing left. Oh, and any chance of changing the buttons so that A + B are the joystick buttons and X + Y are the two mouse buttons? For games like Walker and stuff

3) Now, these are things that would be great to have implemented....
    multi drives. If possible, up to 4 perhaps? Folders for the games... or is that already possible? A menu that will be in the same place when you go back to it... just so you don't have to scroll when you change disks. The ability to change disks.

I love this emu so much.. even in it's current stage... It's so great. I especially love the fact that you've kept the drive lights down at the bottom... it helps us know if a game has stalled or anything... this is truely amazing... I was bummed before because I thought with the ST emu I'd never be able to play It Came From the Desert, but now I can!!!! Thank you sooooo much. I recommend everyone download this 2nd release and give it a go... it'll bring a tear to your eye

DCEmu Coder

Putting the games in folders will not work. It cannot find disks in folders at the moment. DCCastaway has the same problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information