Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DCaSTaway beta-one released !

Default Re: DCaSTaway beta-one released !

Are you sure that you have a valid TOS file like 'ROM' renamed at cdrom root?
    The best method for testing TOS+disk images is test with PC-MAC Castaway.

DCEmu Regular

Only bugs i have is the mouse emulation or pointer axis problems had this my self in sdl ports. Might be able to help on that but i cant compile a working version at the moment of this port.

Control problems were it seems to stick on games try 1943 it's over speed but the controls have problems.

Speed is faster then normal on some games zero frameskip make it%130 ? auto frameskip seems to be acting as a throttle. Maybe throtle the speed to the sound genration..

It's a great release got me play some old fav games. For a change not nintendo or sega but 16 bit computers.

DCEmu Newbie

Could it be possibe to add something like HDF compatibility (not sure of the format tho), something to emulate hard disk image emulation. I ask the same for the amiga emu as well.

Chui,
    I have tested with Nostalgia and Hatari. The same tos and game disks work fine there. Is there a mac CaSTaway? The tos roms work fine. Is it possible it's a hardware issue? NTSC vs. PAL or something like that? I have two NTSC machines.
    When I am in DCaSTaway, I notice in the file manager that rom has been renamed to rom.img, I assume by the emulator. Is that supposed to happen?
    Thanks
    Tom

DCEmu Newbie

[quote author=thebear99 link=board=dcastaway;num=1096260773;start=0#13 date=09/28/04 at 04:40:10]Chui,
    I have tested with Nostalgia and Hatari. The same tos and game disks work fine there. Is there a mac CaSTaway? The tos roms work fine. Is it possible it's a hardware issue? NTSC vs. PAL or something like that? I have two NTSC machines.
    When I am in DCaSTaway, I notice in the file manager that rom has been renamed to rom.img, I assume by the emulator. Is that supposed to happen?
    Thanks
    Tom[/quote]

The thing is that you're not supposed to have a 'rom.img' file, it MUST be 'ROM' only, no extension.

how do you get arid of the extensions

[quote author=VampiricS link=board=dcastaway;num=1096260773;start=0#14 date=09/28/04 at 07:02:40]

The thing is that you're not supposed to have a 'rom.img' file, it MUST be 'ROM' only, no extension.
    [/quote]

I only name it ROM, but when you look in the file manager (DCaSTaway's), it has been named rom.img, I assumed by the emulator itself.
    Is anyone else still getting black screen with beta one?
    Tom

DCEmu Newbie

[quote author=Eric link=board=dcastaway;num=1096260773;start=15#15 date=09/28/04 at 07:32:57]how do you get arid of the extensions[/quote]

Pretty simple, before burning you just rename the file and you remove the part after the '.'

[quote author=VampiricS link=board=dcastaway;num=1096260773;start=15#17 date=09/28/04 at 09:48:59]

Pretty simple, before burning you just rename the file and you remove the part after the '.'[/quote]

It's hardly simple if after removing the .img, you then burn the cd and find out that through some process unbeknownst, it's returned!
    Why don't you do us a favour and check your filemanager inside DCaSTaway and see if yours too, doesn't rename the rom file with an "img" extension. This would certainly be a start in determining what is wrong. If in the file manager where you select a game, yours simply says "rom" with no .img afterwards, I would suspect this could be related to we who are having problems.
    Perhaps Chui could tell us whether his software adds the ".img" extender when displaying the file list in DCaSTaway.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Tom

is anyone else using mac dream tool to burn a mac image and

I also tried to create a selfboot CD with 'MacPack 4.0' and Mkisofs for Mac OS X and unfortunately I get some similar results:

When I push the 'run' button the screen turns black and nothing happens. I also see that the 'ROM' file is now called 'rom.rom' in the file manager of DCaSTaway.

I think this is a problem of 'Mkisofs' which may have problems handling files without extensions. Maybe the DCaSTaway authors can add an option to select the TOS ROM file - this would fix this problem.

Anyway - if somebody wants to try my old Atari games, they can be found here: http://www.maedicke.de/atari/games.htm. But take care: They are all in german! Please tell me the results...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information