Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DCaSTaway beta-one released !

Default Re: DCaSTaway beta-one released !

Sorry, the forum software did change the link above. That's really funny.
    ;D

German speakers try this instead: x-com.atari.org.

DCEmu Newbie

[quote author=thebear99 link=board=dcastaway;num=1096260773;start=15#18 date=09/28/04 at 12:44:10]

It's hardly simple if after removing the .img, you then burn the cd and find out that through some process unbeknownst, it's returned!
    Why don't you do us a favour and check your filemanager inside DCaSTaway and see if yours too, doesn't rename the rom file with an "img" extension. This would certainly be a start in determining what is wrong. If in the file manager where you select a game, yours simply says "rom" with no .img afterwards, I would suspect this could be related to we who are having problems.
    Perhaps Chui could tell us whether his software adds the ".img" extender when displaying the file list in DCaSTaway.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Tom

is anyone else using mac dream tool to burn a mac image and [/quote]

Well it sure is simple, i did just what i wrote, i removed all extensions, for the games and the TOS file now named only ROM, and in my file manager of the emulator it's not displayed at all. I did myself a selfboot version with around 800 games all sorted in different folders and i am using the neta-onen release (latest), so far everything works fine for me. i can't really help more then that i guess. I used dir2boot.exe to selfboot it.

[quote author=VampiricS link=board=dcastaway;num=1096260773;start=15#21 date=09/28/04 at 15:18:56]

Well it sure is simple, i did just what i wrote, i removed all extensions, for the games and the TOS file now named only ROM, and in my file manager of the emulator it's not displayed at all. I did myself a selfboot version with around 800 games all sorted in different folders and i am using the neta-onen release (latest), so far everything works fine for me. i can't really help more then that i guess. I used dir2boot.exe to selfboot it.[/quote]

You have helped. You told us what we needed to know, namely mac selfboot programs seem to be adding an extender when they create the iso. This could be what is creating problems for some of us who get black screen after pressing run. Hopefully the author could add tos selection and we could fix this problem.

Are any mac users using mac dream tool making cds that work?
    Thanks
    Tom

DCEmu Regular

No harder to burn then any thing else.. Use changetype cool tools on windows to rename files.

it's really easy thats prolly why not much info none is needed. Most developers uses coders cable to test things and dont write out big faqs on burning thats not the devlopers fault or need to show you how to burn any thing. We do it some times any way.

Really it is easyer with dir2boot and windows. about 2 mouse clicks.

Okay all i have to say is thanks that the reason why i have been having these problems but i should get a working version started soon

all i need to know is where to get dir2boot

mac dream tool is the problem. The isos it creates put an extension on the rom file that make it unrecognizable when dcastaway looks for the rom.
    I have also noticed random joystick freezes.
    But wow, awesome, it's great to have it working, even if I have to fire up windoze to do it.

DCEmu Regular

Yeah I get the random joystick freezing to but it's pretty dam good lets people that grew up in usa test ST which to me is better then gensis and snes but im baised.

DCEmu Newbie

[quote author=Eric link=board=dcastaway;num=1096260773;start=15#24 date=09/28/04 at 20:01:24]Okay all i have to say is thanks that the reason why i have been having these problems but i should get a working version started soon

all i need to know is where to get dir2boot[/quote]

Get the 'tools package from there' : http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCStuff/IP_Tut.shtml

Oh and while being there you may want to read the various tutorials that are there. That can always be handy. Have Fun

Nintendo DS Coder

After more testing-sessions last night, I came across some bugs and glitches.

- Sound / Music doesn't work in some games
    - The user can move the mouse off-screen (the cursor stays on screen, but the actual x and y positions are off-screen)
    (This mouse-bug makes PIRATES! nearly unplayable)
    - The mouse movement is only possible in the upper half of the screen in MED-Resolution mode (e.g. Balance of Power)
    - The mouse button does "autofire" sometimes (e.g. "Lords of Chaos&quot

hehe....mainly mouse-glitches here...other than that pretty perfect

EDIT (additional bugs/glitches,etc):

- The graphics are really messed up in some cracker-intros
    - PLEASE, PLEASE, make the software-keyboard optional / hideable (This is my biggest concern right now )

i heard that this keyb hide option is already there, is not ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information