Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DCaSTaway

Default Re: DCaSTaway

[quote author=pelayo link=board=dcastaway;num=1095100877;start=15#29 date=09/14/04 at 22:50:11]I'm unable to run it with DC coders cable, it freezes when the binary is 100% loaded, does it only run from CD, and not with dcload's cd emulation? (I don't have blank cd-r's now)[/quote]

I use BBA for runing dcastaway with cd emulation.
    Do you unscrambe 1st_read.bin before?
    scramble -d 1st_read.bin dcastaway.bin

i use 'dcload-ip dcastaway.bin -i data.iso'.
    'DATA.ISO' is a cd-iso built with mkisofs util: /rom, /diska and /diskb

DCEmu Newbie

I unscrambled it, I tried it but doesn't work, it loads 100% but when it executes, the dreamcast hangs. The console also exits when it sends the execute command, instead of starting cd emulation. Maybe it's a coders cable only problem?

I use coders-cable, and I don't have any problem when transfering and running to the DC. Quite sure it's a problem in your config. Take a look in what appears to your command console.
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

DCEmu Coder

Ok, ive tried several games and I just cannot get past the title pages. I have 2 Joypads plugged in and a Keyboard(All official). I just cannot get any user input workign with the games. Supercars stays on the title page Ive pressed every key on teh keyboard adn it doesnt do anything. ALso Ive pressed allof the Joypad buttons.. This happens with all of the games. Do you guys have to have devices pluged in certain ports etc.

BUG- You must burn DISKB on the CD otherwise it will crash. Even if you want to try a 1 disk game (That took me 3 disks to solve)

Cheers
    Q

OK , thx a lot for your info qatmix. I'm sure that you are doing something wrong. But don't worry, to pass over the presentation screen press start button on your joy.

Anyway in few , few days an official beta will be released containing a menu and a file manager, in where all your `problems with the emu just will disappear.

I appreciate your notes and i'm taking good note about what's happenig , because knowing that info, allows us to correct all kind of bugs.

Thx
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

DCEmu Coder

Ive tried pressign start, still no luck...

Lookign forward to teh beta version.

[quote author=qatmix link=board=dcastaway;num=1095100877;start=30#35 date=09/15/04 at 16:09:44]Ive tried pressign start, still no luck...

Lookign forward to teh beta version.
    [/quote]

i'm writting a virtual keyboard for dcastaway.... wait a few days

Now, i writed a part of GUI with menu for choose image disk, but hangs when i choose another image disk during emulation:

Wow you make it *, an Atari st émulator ^_^ , i will try it when sound and virtual keyboard will be ready, because i haven t the dreamcast keyboard, i can t play games without it , no ? i love the game Bloodwych but for starting a game , i *have to push the F1 button, i can do that with the dreamcast pad ?

DCEmu Newbie

'DATA.ISO' is a cd-iso built with mkisofs util: /rom, /diska and /diskb
    Can you tell me the parameters to mkisofs to create an iso and insert that files? maybe I'm creating a bad .iso (I used Magic ISO Creator for windows). Sorry, I'm newbie on some unix commands.

Virtual Keyboard will be available in few days, as fast as I can finnish the design. Take it easy, we've got in mind.
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information