tueidj , GBAtemp forum member, has an initial overview of what is now developing and the least we can say if this proves true (and it is not a vulgar fake) is that it promises enormously and will represent a major advance in the hack of the Wii. This is indeed a loader for Gamecube games, as Dios Mios Lite, but that could exploit the full capabilities of the Wii . It speaks well of devices specific to the Wii, normally completely unavailable when it is in Gamecube mode (wiimotes, additional RAM and CPU among others). The trick is setting up the most ingenious and from a simple observation (and a lot of "Nintendo haters" rabachent all the time): the Wii is, anatomically speaking, a GC which was boosted memory and processors (CPU and GPU). Technically, it can run applications Wii Gamecube mode, the moment she found her little (RAM, CPU, etc.. The Gamecube). It would therefore be in the presence of a GC loader running in native Wii mode , including extra! That even Nintendo has failed (or willing) to do what no loader launched in GC mode can never do. USB ports, SD, wiimotes ... and why not wifi online mode and then returned to the GC games (although tueidj remained fairly skeptical about it, it would require an enormous amount of work) Here is an overview of the thing, a video worth much more than just words:

You will find below my translation of the orginal subject, which reveals the intentions, promises and limitations on this project: SO WHAT: Devolution is a loader designed to launch GC games on Wii. Dolphin was the codename for the Gamecube, the Wii's Revolution, mix everything and you get "Devolution". WHY: To ensure that the way "official" can not do. I hate the Gamecube and mini-discs. And buying a wii slim, you can not even play Gamecube games. FUNCTIONS: Devolution has the following objectives: - Use alternative means to run games GC (SD and USB) - Use of alternative controllers (wiimote + classic controller instead of joysticks GC) - Use alternative means of backup (SD, USB and NAND) - Supporting the actual games using streaming audio. It is theoretically possible but remains unproven (eg is it that the hardware will be fast enough to achieve what I have in mind). Alternative means of launch are already implemented (that's right, GC functional USB loader! ). The emulation memory cards is half done (read but not write support yet). Support for wiimotes and audio streaming has not yet been started. RESTRICTIONS: This is not a warez loader. You will need to have the games you want to launch. I do not plan to ask for donations, however, if a game is inconsistent and very special that you want this to be corrected, you will provide me with the game OR the money for its purchase, I not spend my money to buy For example, a copy of MGS. HOW: It's complicated (but not impossible). Simply, the Wii is a Gamecube with a few extra, as GC games are the hardware they wait, do not count extra. One big advantage of Devolution is that it requires no software modification of the console, and no substitution of MIOS or cIOS or chain, just an application that starts from HBC or the feat of your choice. WHO: Me only. This is a solo project, started from zero. No borrowing of source code or use the libogc. It could be that things change in the future when I need a bluetooth stack. This has nothing to do with any other project (of my own or other developers) and not any code subject to the GPL is used so do not even try to ask sources. OF other information were accurate more slowly unveiled by tueidj over the (many) questions raised about it. We will follow over the water of new ads to complete the topic. Official site: gbatemp.net (tueidj is a developer who has already participated actively in projects Wii, and its reputation is really not to question . Time will tell, however if the dream will come true one day or another.)