Thread: Nintendomax Wii Dev Competition 2012, DON'T PARTICIPATE!!

DCEmu Newbie

Default Nintendomax Wii Dev Competition 2012, DON'T PARTICIPATE!!

First of all, 1st post greetings, and excuse me for creating another thread instead of using the already existing one for this contest, I just wanted to attract as much attention as possible because this is kind of important.

On 2011 I took part on Nintendomax Wii homebrew compo, and my game got 1st place.

It took me more than 4 months to practically force* one of the sponsors to give me their part of my prize** (Nintendomax didnt seem to care much about it, not only didnt they help me, at the end they even were rude and smug to me)

Another of the compo sponsors never gave me the prize they offered. So to this day, I NEVER RECEIVED my full prize (And I never will)

While they dont care about doing their part of the deal as organizers, they are glad to still use my work to promote their untrustful competitions and sponsors, as the organizer of the contest, despite asking him several times to retire it, still has a youtube video of my game displaying the in-game publicity of the contest and the sponsors (Of course its long retired from current versions of the game). So I feel like they are pretty much taking unfair advantage of my work.

And believe me, there is a lot more ugly stuff I could talk about of how this people treated me and my work, but I dont want to write a boring rant.

My point is...if you are thinking of taking part on the compo...think twice, this could happen to you. They showed me that they dont have any sense of responsibility, shame, or even good manners.

If you dont believe me I can show proof from the Nintendomax forum itself, but as a new user, the forum doesnt let me post links :P

*I tried to be polite the whole time, but this sponsor just kept ignoring me or giving me vague and half-assed bad excuses, when not outright lies...so I gathered a bunch of friends and began to publicly spam this matter on their Facebook page. Their main reason to not give me my prize was that something was "wrong" with my address and they could not get it sent, altough it was demostrated in many ways that was not true...anyways, after the FB stuff they pretty much crapped their pants and somehow my address magically wasnt wrong anymore and my prize was inmediately sent at last...

**Valued at 350€ at the time I won it (It included a 3DS, but by the time I actually got it, it got that huge prize drop...they even got to save money...)

Blog Entries

oh dear, very sad to hear about this,

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for your words of support. You can check the full story, including the organizer of the compo himself fruitlessly trying to defend the undefendable, copypasting this:

gbatemp.net/topic/322534-nintendomax-wii-dev-compo-2012-why-you-should-not-participate/

(Since im a new user Im not allowed to post links, so I cheated removing the http part :P)

Thread Information