Days before walking away from both Microsoft and his own studio Lionhead last week, Peter Molyneux admitted that the public were too quick to judge Microsoft’s Xbox 360 Kinect technology.
“It’s just like any piece of new technology or invention, whether it’s a bike, a motorcar, or a flying machine. We as human beings just expect way too much, far too soon,” he told Game Informer.
“We expect the first wave of titles to be the most amazing, incredible things. We don’t think deeply enough about what actually can happen in the second and third wave of titles. Now the second wave is just coming, and we’re starting to realize that it’s very deep, it’s very refined, we really can look at the way you move and that’s what I love celebrating.”
Molyneux also went on to detail the basic error that some who have approached the camera have made when conceiving new projects.
“I think it’s a kind of journey you have to go on yourself as a designer. The first thing you do is, you tend to be a bit lazy,” he stated.
“You think ‘How am I gonna get Kinect to do this, which is so easy to do on a controller?’. That’s completely the wrong way to think. What Kinect is is a very analogue experience, and what it enables you to do is deal with just how different human beings are.
“In Fable: The Journey, if I used Kinect and it forced you to sit a certain way and forced you to throw a certain way and forced you to emote in a certain way, I think that would be the worst thing I could do. The best thing I can do is celebrate how different you are and how analog you are and how the imprecision is actually a huge benefit.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/molyn...oo-soon/092837