Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken/Malfunctioning Analog Stick Problems? Post Here for HELP!

DCEmu Rookie

erm... i fixed the analog moving problem (seems to send false signals to games (eg. in gta you keep running in a circle even though youre not touching the analog stick)) by rotating it in a circle continually during coldboot - this seems to recalibrate it.

EDIT: the problem occured after opening the psp to replace the motherboard

DCEmu Newbie

i have got the same problem and i use 3.03OE-C
    I think it's a software bug, because when i start it, it moves just like it's supposed to. but when i press the "left" button, above the analog stick, it start to move very slow when i try to move to right and when i move to left it acts normal. I tested this in the web browser. when i go to 'stand by' and then back to browser it is normal again, untill i press the left button above the analog stick.

lets see what happens when i upgrade to 3.40OE-A

i hope some recognizes this situation.

-Jamesoow

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMIEZ View Post
    erm... i fixed the analog moving problem (seems to send false signals to games (eg. in gta you keep running in a circle even though youre not touching the analog stick)) by rotating it in a circle continually during coldboot - this seems to recalibrate it.

EDIT: the problem occured after opening the psp to replace the motherboard
    Im having this same porblem the analog stick is moving by itself.How do i fix this i tried so many different things.I tight the screws good and it still moves.This happened because I had to open my PSP to change the faceplate.And now I regret it can someone please help

hey man, my analog goes down slowly and my dpad leans to the left after i opened it up trying to chnage faceplate. the faceplate doesn't fit so i returend it. idk if i should rewturn it to best buy. if i do, do you think they will accpt it if the sticker is completely torn off/ screwed up??? thanks

DCEmu Rookie

Im having this same porblem the analog stick is moving by itself.How do i fix this i tried so many different things.I tight the screws good and it still moves.This happened because I had to open my PSP to change the faceplate.And now I regret it can someone please help
    did u read my post? try rotating it during coldboot (turn psp off completely and then on again)

DCEmu Newbie

Hi very recently my analog stick has been malfunctioning.

Basically, lets pretend that there are 2 levels of sensitivity, 50% and 100% (i know its more accurate but to make this easier to explain)

When i push my analog stick fully in the downwards direction, it goes 100% down. The same goes for right, down-right, and down-left.

When i push my analog stick fully in the upwards direction, it only goes 50% up. Left, up-left also have this lack of sensitivity.

If i move the analog stick halfway upwards or left, it does not respond at all.

So to summarise, down and right direction work fine, left and up do not respond as they should.

I'm hoping that this will be a relatively easy fix with some mechanism thats clicked out of place. Any help will be appreciated, and thanks in advance

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Talidan View Post
    Hi very recently my analog stick has been malfunctioning.

Basically, lets pretend that there are 2 levels of sensitivity, 50% and 100% (i know its more accurate but to make this easier to explain)

When i push my analog stick fully in the downwards direction, it goes 100% down. The same goes for right, down-right, and down-left.

When i push my analog stick fully in the upwards direction, it only goes 50% up. Left, up-left also have this lack of sensitivity.

If i move the analog stick halfway upwards or left, it does not respond at all.

So to summarise, down and right direction work fine, left and up do not respond as they should.

I'm hoping that this will be a relatively easy fix with some mechanism thats clicked out of place. Any help will be appreciated, and thanks in advance
    if it 'feels' ok while u move it, its probably not a mechanical problem - try rotating it continually while the psp boots (NOT coming out of sleep mode)

rotating on cold boot helped mine

DCEmu Newbie

I am having a problem with my psp where it is doing the " its moving in one direction by itself...". Also, the cursor will move fast to the same direction, right, but only will move slow in all other directions. Looking for a little help on what I might be able to fix it. Thanks, Brakenrun

DCEmu Newbie

Question Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok i went from 1 problem to a worse one, the original problem was my psp thought the L-button was always pressed down, so I opened my psp up and swabbed where the L-buttion is connected to the motherboard w/ rubbing alchohol on a cotton ball. Now that I have that fixed my analog stick is centered and my cursor/camera is always spinning. It is going down and to the right all the time!!! I dont know what little rubber piece your talking about either. Is it supposed to look like the one under the L-Button??? if so i dont have 1......
    ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information