Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken/Malfunctioning Analog Stick Problems? Post Here for HELP!

OK it doesn't look like kando is still posting on this thread so I won't hold my breath for a reply but here is my problem in a different thread: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...g+stick+center I haven't bothered to look for a solution for it in this thread yet but right after I post this I will look.

Edit: After further review it looks like I will be trying out that program that is supposed to help and if that doesn't work I'm going to try tightening a screw and if THAT doesn't work, which I doubt the first one will and I hope the second one will, then I will open up my PSP, take out the rubber piece, and put it back.

Quote Originally Posted by kando View Post
    i tried the mod, and it happened to me, and i was able to fix it the same way i helped napalm.

unscrew the psp unit, take the faceplate off...

unscrew the analog stick from the front screen...

take out the little rubber piece that went between the analog stick and the main circuit board on the psp...and put it back in.

then, place the faceplate back on the psp w/ the analog stick where its supposed to be, except NOT SCREWED IN. leave it loose.

using pressure only (no screws), pop in a battery and turn on the psp.

go into the internet browser to test the analog stick.

using pressure, either applying or releasing, nudge the analog stick part around by using the faceplate of the psp...just feel around and try to move it ever so slightly.

once u find a spot where the stick no longer wanders on its own, keep strong pressure on the psp while u screw it all back together...the pressure of the screws will keep it in place.

voila!

now if the analog stick is turning, getting stuck or "cracking" thats another fix. post if anyone has that problem
    I tried doing this but I am having a few problems. First off all after I take out the screws for the analog stick and I try to remove the analog stick from the faceplate I am unable to because the analog stick won't fit through the hole. Am I supposed to pop it off or something so I can get it off? Also, after I get it removed and take out and put back the rubber piece, do I leave out the screws for the analog stick for good and just put the screws back that secure the faceplate? I really want to get this working so whoever can lend a helping hand would be much appreciated. It's stuck on up!!!

Edit: Sorry for the double post but I wanted to get the point across that I was having problems. Also when I go to the browser it does not register the analog stick as going up but I know it is stuck as up because when I try to use my PSP as a controller for my PC through wifi and I go to map the buttons it just registers up on the analog stick. This blows.

about the analog stick not fitting through, are u talking about the facepate? because if so you just have to pop off the cap to it. just put your nail in between the faceplate and analog stick and it will pop right off. then u just snap it back on when your done

OK I just did a d-pad mod so the buttons are easier to press and it was successful so my confidence was slightly boosted but I also tried to fix the analog stick using the way described and it didn't work. When I went to map the buttons for project64 on my PC using my PSP as a wireless controller it still only registered "up" on the analog stick and I even tried mapping the controls on Project64 while there was no analog stick in and when the clear rubber was removed and it still registered "up." When I go to the web broswer it only sometimes strays but it usually stays in place. I just can't stand it when my analog stick strays while I'm aiming at someone in MGS PO or how I can't use my PSP as a controller for my computer games. Help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Edit: Another thing that is strange about this situation is that when I go to homebrew app "Controller Tester", which tells you the exact position of the analog stick, I can get it so my analog stick is perfectly in the center at 0, 0 but then when I go to a game it will randomly stray. I am depressed by this. Anyone have a solution? If not, would I be able to replace some parts to fix it?

DCEmu Newbie

i also dont know of "a little rubber piece" please post pic. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pm5k00 View Post
    i also dont know of "a little rubber piece" please post pic. thanks
    It is a small clear rectangular piece of rubber that has four small pieces of metal or something inside of it. It is on the right side of the analog stick and it is right next to the screen on the left.

my analog sticks moves by itself!! for ex when i am on a page on the internet and let go of the analog stick is starts going down help!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrowner111 View Post
    my analog sticks moves by itself!! for ex when i am on a page on the internet and let go of the analog stick is starts going down help!!
    Look on the very first page. Anyone else who is having this same problem can also look at the first page. Other than that you won't get an answer. It's probably the fifth post by kando that tells you what to do.

DCEmu Newbie

Well i've joined for this specific problem. I've tried working with the clear rubber thing and repositioning my analogue but to no avail, the cursor moves around when i mess with it but wont stay in one place. I'm afraid that the contacts may be broken at the motherboard but i'm not exactly sure how, can anyone help me? thanks

DCEmu Newbie

I am also still having issues after trying everything that Kando said, and also tried the re-calibration on startup. Anyone else have any ideas?

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information