Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken/Malfunctioning Analog Stick Problems? Post Here for HELP!

DCEmu Newbie

I was going to give up after having all of the same problems everyone mentions above (i.e., analog stick pulling one direction after I replaced a broken stick.). After almost giving up and tossing it, there were two things that helped me out: rotating the stick when booting, and manipulating the pressure on the psp when screwing it in.

For the rotation, I found a post somewhere else where someone said specifically to rotate the stick once counter-clockwise, then once clockwise when it was booting, rather than just moving it any direction. This seemed to reset the stick, assuming I had the right amount of pressure on the faceplate.

The issue I had which joekid mentions is that no matter what I did, I couldn't screw the face in hard enough to keep the pressure I needed on the psp (I had to hold it really tight). So what I did, which may sound stupid, was to put some additional spacers (kind of like a washer) along the screws on the analog stick so that the screws weren't flush against the faceplate.

This created a thicker faceplate, which creates more pressure against the unit. A bit ghetto, but it seems to work. What I used to create the washer were foil candy wrappers (you could use tin foil probably), but in a very tight package that was big enough to cover the area around the screw, but not big enough to interfere with the other buttons/motherboard. I created a hole in the foil, and put the screw through that.

Was working great for a few weeks, but then the cheap stick I bought off ebay busted on me, so now I have to get a new stick, but should be able to slap in and go I hope...

DCEmu Newbie

Default disable analog stick

Is there a way i can just disable my analog stick until i have the time to buy the new parts?

DCEmu Newbie

anyone tried or heard of this?
    http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-developme...nt-115733.html
    Looks interesting? Not tried it myself yet but all the same problems as everyone else on here. I have tried all the different fixes and still no joy! This could possibly be the last resort for me. I'm just not sure about how to install etc.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Analog stick problem

Hi, I've been running into a problem with my analog stick as of late. The problem is that it tends to move on its own when i'm trying to play a game or browse the web. Is there an easy fix for this? I have succeeded in removing my PSP's faceplate and would like to know how to continue from there.

Thanks in advance

Alright Kando I Have A diffrent problem than most. Now my analog stick is brand new right i tested it on a diffrent psp and it works perfectly i put it in mine dont work so i dont believe its the actual analog stick but the peice on my motherboard and the clear piece but ive tried cleaning it and everything am i out of options or is there still hope please help.

Default Analougue Stick veering to the top left

hi! my anolougue stick is veering to the top left intermittently, i have taken the top off the anolougue stick
    __ <-- the top bit
    |

just so i could move it around above the skin i put on, this may have been the problem

how do i ("re-callobrate") it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arun985 View Post
    Hi, I've been running into a problem with my analog stick as of late. The problem is that it tends to move on its own when i'm trying to play a game or browse the web. Is there an easy fix for this? I have succeeded in removing my PSP's faceplate and would like to know how to continue from there.

Thanks in advance
    hi fixed my own problem make sure that your psp is faceplate is fixed properly onto the main part if you are missing a screw this may be the problem or if the screw isnt fixed on properly. hope this helps

Henry

DCEmu Newbie

Default analog stick problem

sup.. i jus wanted to kno if u cud help me wid my analog stick problem evertime i play a game it moves slow when it is pressed up but in every other direction it is ok can u help?

open psp and clean it up

Quote Originally Posted by kando View Post
    ok, here is how u fix an analog stick that is cracking, turning, or stopping halfway down the circle. i have attached pictures to go along with this, they follow the order in which i will explain.

first, open up the psp. take off the faceplate, and put the rest of the psp on the side as you wont be doing anything to that.

unscrew the 2 screws that hold the analog stick in. so now, you have just the analog stick by itself.

on the back, there is a metal clasp, which is held by 2 notches on each side of the analog stick (see below picture). carefully use a flathead and pop the metal holder off by popping each of the four locks out from the side. once done, take off the metal piece.

now, the green circuit board comes off very easily from the rest of the analog stick. it is held down by 4 pieces of plastic which do not unscrew or move...simply wiggle it out. remember which way the contacts are facing!

now, there are 3 pieces of plastic on the inside. following my pictures below, re-place them inside the analog stick, making sure the center of each is lined up with the stick protruding through the center. also note where the gold contacts are on the remaining 2 pieces of plastic in the picture below.

you can test your analog stick before putting it all back together by holding the plastic pieces with your thumb and just making sure that the analog stick is correctly moving all of the pieces inside of it.

once thats good, put the green board back on, put the metal back on, screw it back into the faceplate and close it up!

should be fixed!

again, check the pics i attached!

hope this helps ^_^
    well by removing and replacing something doesnt solve ur problem actually i have problem with my psp analog stick during game play even if i dont touch the psp the character moves in randomly direction by its own. i have opened the psp and even removed the plastic rubber which is on the psp motherboard for analog stick still the same problem. the matter is not with the external analog stick and opening and replacing it. now can u help me out please i really need help my psp is brand new but problem with the analog stick.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information