Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken/Malfunctioning Analog Stick Problems? Post Here for HELP!

DCEmu Newbie

i created an account just to say thank:thumbup: you kando

Default no place for screws....?

I just bought a replacement faceplate (XCM) for my PSP fat but in this faceplate there is no place to screw the analog joystick replacement unit back on
    There is simply no place for the screws I took out earlier. SO now I just put the joystick replacement unit just in there without tightening it.....
    Is this gonna be a problem??????

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kando View Post
    Hey all,

i've fixed so many analog stick problems myself, and now that i even walked someone through fixing their own, i'll provide official help for anyone who needs it

if ur analog stick is offset...if it is turning, if it is cracking or getting stuck, if its moving in one direction by itself...

POST HERE and i'll help u through it!

keep in mind it does require opening your psp.

Cheers! :thumbup:

I need help me out my psp analog keeps on moving on one direction

so the first problem i had was my psp was turning to the right sometimes and it wasnt as sensative when moving it to the left or up, now it just doesnt work and keeps moving to the top left. HELP!!!! SOS!

DCEmu Newbie

fuk help me out, lost that lil rubber rectangle sensor thing that u need to connect the analog stick....... any help would be great, for once

DCEmu Newbie

this is about fixing the analog stick going in one direction without you touching it, and it's also related to lack of sensitivity and to what people mean exactly by "the rubber bit"

the rubber bit peopel keep going on about is a clear piece of rectangular rubber with a row of 4 gold lines embedded in it, it's about 1cm long and is a sqaure-prism if that makes sense

it connects the motherboard to your analog stick, so obviously [altho it took me ages to notice this]
    you want to have the gold lines to go vertically from the gold contacts on your green motherboard to the gold contacts at back of your analog stick.

hopefully, you'll notice a rectangular shaped slot on the metal - [that sat underneath your analog stick before you opened it up] - there's a little bracket around this and the rubber bit clicks into place here

[if your psp isn't registerring the analog stick and instead just sends it off in one direction, it could be that your rubber bit has been dislodged-mine was]

oh, be careful moving this, it's dam hard to get hold of another one and it's delicate, even tho it's rubber. it rips and chips really easily, so try not to your nails, instead try to stroke/roll it out of/in place

after you've removed and replaced it and you're trying to get the analog stick in the sweet spot where it's all cool, if you're having trouble getting it right, try pinching different parts of the PSP while you move the analog stick-dont worry if the sensitivity's really bad, we can fix that easily. just make sure you get it roughly into a good position, then screw the PSP back up TIGHT. i've found that this automatically puts the analog stick into the right position [of course, helping it along beforehand will benefit], but yeah, it worked for me cos i just got frsutrated and tried screwing it back together

then, to sort out your sensitivity, take out your battery and replace it, then boot up your PSP and while doing so, keep rotating the analog stick in a circle [i went clockwise] and it'll clear itself up neatly

hope it's been helpful

chi

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by coolmonkey98 View Post
    so the first problem i had was my psp was turning to the right sometimes and it wasnt as sensative when moving it to the left or up, now it just doesnt work and keeps moving to the top left. HELP!!!! SOS!
    \mine went to the top left aswell, it seems like this is the default direction that it wants to go or something? anyway, have a look at my post, it should help you with the fixing method on page 1

DCEmu Newbie jmizzlefrmneworleans's Avatar

Talking i need help

Quote Originally Posted by kando View Post
    Hey all,

i've fixed so many analog stick problems myself, and now that i even walked someone through fixing their own, i'll provide official help for anyone who needs it

if ur analog stick is offset...if it is turning, if it is cracking or getting stuck, if its moving in one direction by itself...

POST HERE and i'll help u through it!

keep in mind it does require opening your psp.

Cheers! :thumbup:
    frm: jmizzlefrmneworleans
    my analog stick is stuck diagonally north west. PLEASE HELP i cant search the internet on my psp and i dont know who to send it to? (and by the way its the silver psp) thank you!

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation PSP Problemo

my PSP is dislodged and i cant fix it so can u tell me how to fix it plz(its the black 1 )

DCEmu Newbie

My Anilog Stick On The Psp Keeps Moving In One Direction,right. So Anytime I Want To Play Smackdown Vs Raw 08 The Person Keeps Doing Taunts And In Tales Of The World The Charecter Keeps Running In Circles.in Tekken:dark Resurrection My Fighter Keeps Moving Forward By Crouch. Please Helppppppp!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information