Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken/Malfunctioning Analog Stick Problems? Post Here for HELP!

Hi, i need help fast!
    Ive been wondering what's up with my psp for a while now, probably 3 or 4 months, it's been moving around but just clicking into place alot or not going all the way to the top, with this extremely annoying analog problem, i cant use homebrew But then, after i had sold my memory stick so i couldnt test this theory on my homebrew, i found out that if i put pressure down onto the analog whilst moving it around it moved alot more smoothly, any help or suggestions? bare in mind, ive lost the plastic bit on the end of the analog.

Mine kind of moves down when I start a game, I think is just a calibration thing, cause I move it a little and it stops doing it. It is a bit annoying but not that bad. it is a gow slim, runing 3.71M33-4

I think there is a homebrew utility to calibrate that, but I can't remember

DCEmu Newbie

I am in desperate need of help, my cursor move, but apparently it is not the analog with the problem , it moves in between up and left diagonally.. if i pull my analog right and down diagonally we start a tug of war for control of the cursor. Can anyone help me at all? It seems to be technological problem.

DCEmu Newbie

the best thing you all could do is to find a disassembling video and take your analog stick apart and then put it all back together. Thats what i did and i found that a lot of junk would get stick in between the sliders. Once i cleaned that out and put it back together, i had no more problems with my analog stick.

DCEmu Newbie

i was wondering if somebody could help me i have had soo much bad luck with psp analog sticks first i had bought a psp then the analog broke then i had it replace and then didn't use it for awhile then my older didnt want his anymore so i claimed it then i screwed that one up and then went back to using my first psp and now that analog has been screwed up first off i need to know how to fix the reoccurring problem in being the analog not only going down but also going up(on-screen) so i cant even move it left or right but when i put put pressure on it and use it its not fine but better thats the first problem and the other problem is the analog on screen is going down and the analog itself doesn't stay in the middle it so when i would use it to the right it would stay there then id have to put it myself back in the middle
    Tanks in advance for the help
    Last edited by TaImOoRk; September 15th, 2008 at 23:29.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bigjrman10 View Post
    if i take the psp analog stick out, it still is moving down, even with no analog stick
    Exactly the same here
    Did you find out a way to fix it?

DCEmu Newbie

Well here's my problem: I was playing with my PSP and all of a sudden the analog stick wouldn't move a certain way. Like I would have to push hard and move the stick in a circular motion around the outside to move it. Well I decided to open it up and see what was the problem. When I unscrewed everything and opened the casing around the analog stick unit I found out that the part of the circular plastic thing that holds the analog unit had broken (see attached picture). Should I try to super glue it back together and where does the unit go in the circle thing?

DCEmu Newbie

hOW CAN i FIX MY ANALOG STCIK PROBLEM?

Default Hi .. i need ur help

i have the same situation as this --->
    so how can i go about fixing that problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by kando View Post
    i tried the mod, and it happened to me, and i was able to fix it the same way i helped napalm.

unscrew the psp unit, take the faceplate off...

unscrew the analog stick from the front screen...

take out the little rubber piece that went between the analog stick and the main circuit board on the psp...and put it back in.

then, place the faceplate back on the psp w/ the analog stick where its supposed to be, except NOT SCREWED IN. leave it loose.

using pressure only (no screws), pop in a battery and turn on the psp.

go into the internet browser to test the analog stick.

using pressure, either applying or releasing, nudge the analog stick part around by using the faceplate of the psp...just feel around and try to move it ever so slightly.

once u find a spot where the stick no longer wanders on its own, keep strong pressure on the psp while u screw it all back together...the pressure of the screws will keep it in place.

voila!

now if the analog stick is turning, getting stuck or "cracking" thats another fix. post if anyone has that problem
    can u post a video or sort?

Thread Information