Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken/Malfunctioning Analog Stick Problems? Post Here for HELP!

DCEmu Newbie

hey dude. i been havin trouble with my analog moving by itself, mainly downwards but i tried ur fix by applyin pressure and screwin it in, now i can move the analog in every direction except downwards???? any help will be appreciated. thx in advance

DCEmu Newbie

I have a drifting issue with my analogue stick, it occasionally moves without my input. But also, when I use the d-pad, it also causes the same issue. I'm thinking something inside may displaced itself but I wouldn't know where to start to fix it.

This is probably a common complaint, but any help you can give would be greatfully accepted.

Unhappy Hey everyone

Umm yeah.
    so my psp slims analog nub started wandering up constantly.
    so i bought a new one and replaced it
    well less than a week later it broke again and started wandering to the left.
    ive tried multiple times swapping the old analog nub out for the new one and vice a versa but still yeilds the same results.
    im growing tired of loosing and having to order new screws constantly too. and sadly im pretty much about ready to just buy a new one off ebay so i can hack it again.
    the old nub seems to be locked to going up.
    while the other one drifts to the right.
    i cant play anyhing anymore hardly.
    any suggestions? or should i just get a new one like ive been thinking

This problem may have already been posted, but couldn't find it in here.

I'm having trouble playing games with my analog stick. Kratos (All i have right now is God of War for my PSP and some demos) is stuck running towards the left of the screen, though I can still move in other directions, thought it is much more difficult and can only move as fast as a walk. I opened up my PSP and took apart the analog stick, cleaned it, and put it back together correctly and the problem still persists. How do I fix this so I can actually play my game?

**Edit: I've tried both the system information and in-game recalibration trick, but it doesn't seem to work at all. My software is updated and there are no other problems with the PSP. This 'drifting' problem also occurs in the web brower when I have it open.
    Last edited by WhiteSerpent; March 27th, 2009 at 02:28.

DCEmu Newbie

hey so ive had my psp for a while and just recently the analog stick is acting retarded it is stuck and will only move up or froward, i can move the analog stick but it wont move the in game player. HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!!

Hello,
    My analog is broken. im not sure exactly what happend. i look and i think the insides are messed up. Not sure really what to do. I was messing around with it to see if i could fix it, some things i noticed. The analog is never in straight or securly. And when the game was in pause the courser just went up and up. and sometimes i could stop it but it would start again.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kando View Post
    ok, here is how u fix an analog stick that is cracking, turning, or stopping halfway down the circle. i have attached pictures to go along with this, they follow the order in which i will explain.

first, open up the psp. take off the faceplate, and put the rest of the psp on the side as you wont be doing anything to that.

unscrew the 2 screws that hold the analog stick in. so now, you have just the analog stick by itself.

on the back, there is a metal clasp, which is held by 2 notches on each side of the analog stick (see below picture). carefully use a flathead and pop the metal holder off by popping each of the four locks out from the side. once done, take off the metal piece.

now, the green circuit board comes off very easily from the rest of the analog stick. it is held down by 4 pieces of plastic which do not unscrew or move...simply wiggle it out. remember which way the contacts are facing!

now, there are 3 pieces of plastic on the inside. following my pictures below, re-place them inside the analog stick, making sure the center of each is lined up with the stick protruding through the center. also note where the gold contacts are on the remaining 2 pieces of plastic in the picture below.

you can test your analog stick before putting it all back together by holding the plastic pieces with your thumb and just making sure that the analog stick is correctly moving all of the pieces inside of it.

once thats good, put the green board back on, put the metal back on, screw it back into the faceplate and close it up!

should be fixed!

again, check the pics i attached!

hope this helps ^_^
    do all these images apply to fat psp and slim or just one of them?

DCEmu Newbie

alright people so my analog just goes down on its own, i have to press it real hard for it to go up slowly but no left or right, i then took the rubber piece and faceplate off and even so it goes down on its own, any help?? i went through the first few post and couldnt find a thing, if there is a post can someone quote it or just help me out?
    -btw i have psp 1000

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ronrris View Post
    alright people so my analog just goes down on its own, i have to press it real hard for it to go up slowly but no left or right, i then took the rubber piece and faceplate off and even so it goes down on its own, any help?? i went through the first few post and couldnt find a thing, if there is a post can someone quote it or just help me out?
    -btw i have psp 1000

Yeah I'm having the same exact problem. Even if I remove my analog stick, it still finds a way to move left and up. It gets really annoying whenever I'm playing worms or miami vice.

DCEmu Newbie

Plz help me! my psp analog broke and i need help!

Thread Information