Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken/Malfunctioning Analog Stick Problems? Post Here for HELP!

Default Broken/Malfunctioning Analog Stick Problems? Post Here for HELP!

Hey all,

i've fixed so many analog stick problems myself, and now that i even walked someone through fixing their own, i'll provide official help for anyone who needs it

if ur analog stick is offset...if it is turning, if it is cracking or getting stuck, if its moving in one direction by itself...

POST HERE and i'll help u through it!

keep in mind it does require opening your psp.

Cheers! :thumbup:

This is good news for people who have broken analog sticks

PSN ID: splodger15

This guy is great! He walked me through it, and now I don't have to be bothered with my analog. ^_^

OK so I am having someone mod my PSP and he is having a bit of trouble. He is doing the PS1 analog stick mod where you add in a USB port. He had it all good but then when he put the PSP back together the analog nub wasn't very responsive and it acted wierd. He has seeked help from two different people. One said that he should put more solder on I think he said the gold contacts, and the other said that he needs to buy a new analog nub. He thought that putting more solder on it would completely mess it up so he's getting a new analog nub. Do you have any advice?

Edit: OK after many edits which you may not have seen, he tried doing what you said and at first it didn't work but then he figured out that he needs a new usb port for it and it will work fine.

i tried the mod, and it happened to me, and i was able to fix it the same way i helped napalm.

unscrew the psp unit, take the faceplate off...

unscrew the analog stick from the front screen...

take out the little rubber piece that went between the analog stick and the main circuit board on the psp...and put it back in.

then, place the faceplate back on the psp w/ the analog stick where its supposed to be, except NOT SCREWED IN. leave it loose.

using pressure only (no screws), pop in a battery and turn on the psp.

go into the internet browser to test the analog stick.

using pressure, either applying or releasing, nudge the analog stick part around by using the faceplate of the psp...just feel around and try to move it ever so slightly.

once u find a spot where the stick no longer wanders on its own, keep strong pressure on the psp while u screw it all back together...the pressure of the screws will keep it in place.

voila!

now if the analog stick is turning, getting stuck or "cracking" thats another fix. post if anyone has that problem

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, i broke my analog stick and lost the little rubber so i cant use it anymore, how do i disable it so it wont move down by itself, i cant play my homebrews like this

read the post just above your reply for your solution

if that doesnt work, and u just wanna ditch the analog stick...u can always take it out permanantly, but the method above should fix ya!

I'm not positive but I would guess that he doesn't really want to open his PSP up.

ah, thats why i mentioned in post #1 that u have to be willing to open ur psp :P

DCEmu Newbie

if i take the psp analog stick out, it still is moving down, even with no analog stick

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information