Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken/Malfunctioning Analog Stick Problems? Post Here for HELP!

DCEmu Art Pro

I fix anything to do with PSP. I can replace your parts etc!
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...d.php?p=277884

problem though with my analogue stick. I think its coz i got a new cover but my analog stick keeps gion up and right. its pissing me off! but when i push down on the area where the analogue stick is it dosent do it. I think the problem is that the new faceplate dosent fir right and is making certain connections, I may be abnle to fix it myself but any ideas?

DCEmu Newbie

i dont need a repair, i f breaking the peice of the motherboard where the analog thing is i would break it off but im not going their just yet, i just wanted t know if their was a program or like tinfoil or somehting to stop it form moving DOWN ALL the TIME

Quote Originally Posted by bigjrman10 View Post
    if i take the psp analog stick out, it still is moving down, even with no analog stick
    try removing the small rubber piece that goes between the analog stick contacts and the psp motherboard, and putting it back in....and try my method above, i guarantee itll work!

DCEmu Newbie

i dont have the rubber peice,thats the thing, iknow i had to do that before but i dont have the rubber thing anymore,

thats a big problem :/

to be honest, idk what u should do for that =x

anyone have any suggestions for him to get a replacement rubber connection piece that goes between the analog stick and the psp's main motherboard??

Maybe a silver washer would work instead of it.

DCEmu Newbie

My joy stick turns a bit, How would I go about fixing this?

contracts: i'll post a guide tomorrow, bookmark this thread as i can help u!

ok, here is how u fix an analog stick that is cracking, turning, or stopping halfway down the circle. i have attached pictures to go along with this, they follow the order in which i will explain.

first, open up the psp. take off the faceplate, and put the rest of the psp on the side as you wont be doing anything to that.

unscrew the 2 screws that hold the analog stick in. so now, you have just the analog stick by itself.

on the back, there is a metal clasp, which is held by 2 notches on each side of the analog stick (see below picture). carefully use a flathead and pop the metal holder off by popping each of the four locks out from the side. once done, take off the metal piece.

now, the green circuit board comes off very easily from the rest of the analog stick. it is held down by 4 pieces of plastic which do not unscrew or move...simply wiggle it out. remember which way the contacts are facing!

now, there are 3 pieces of plastic on the inside. following my pictures below, re-place them inside the analog stick, making sure the center of each is lined up with the stick protruding through the center. also note where the gold contacts are on the remaining 2 pieces of plastic in the picture below.

you can test your analog stick before putting it all back together by holding the plastic pieces with your thumb and just making sure that the analog stick is correctly moving all of the pieces inside of it.

once thats good, put the green board back on, put the metal back on, screw it back into the faceplate and close it up!

should be fixed!

again, check the pics i attached!

hope this helps ^_^

DCEmu Newbie

Thank you very much Kando. , Only problem is I was sure I had the right screw driver and I don't it's a little too big. So when I get around to it i'll purchase one and follow your guide, Thank you very much.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information