Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NES Super Mario Bros running on PS3

haha I am not gonna pay 600 bucks for a PS3 just to play crap games and...MARIO NO WAY!!! haha. i might get a PS3 eventually but ill stick to the WII for now

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mark30001 View Post
    Sony has been looking for ways to give the people the power to write their own programs on PS3, which they even say can be made to write PSP programs. The post is here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42269

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    Sony has been looking for ways to give the people the power to write their own programs on PS3, which they even say can be made to write PSP programs. The post is here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42269
    then why do they release firmware that doesnt allow homebrew on the psp...

Quote Originally Posted by C0R3F1GHT3R View Post
    haha good point...i think sony should stop being 40 year old stuck ups that want money and to kill kids fun and creativity.

Nintendo's 'Virtual console' will still be emulation.

yea but it will...be technically considered homebrew too...SEE SONY. NINTENDO BEATS U AGAIN

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by C0R3F1GHT3R View Post
    Because they wanted the PSP to get a good market share; now its about interacting the PSP with the PS3.

First that point is made, then Phil Harrison says that "User made content will be a big thing for the PS3" and we have known from the beginning that the PS3 would openly allow homebrew (with Linux at first and, seemingly now, with the dev environment they are making that will allow it to be run from the XMB).

What was illogical (even though understandable) is that the PSP didn't support homebrew officially; given Sony's track record of allowing homebrew, it just didn't make sense. Now, it seems, they are finally going to put the homebrew card on the table for the PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSwish722 View Post
    yea but it will...be technically considered homebrew too...SEE SONY. NINTENDO BEATS U AGAIN
    How? Nintendo isn't allowing anyone to:

1)Code their own virtual console
    2)Use their own roms with Nintendo's proprietary virtual console
    3)Staves off ANY possibility of hacking with 24/7 Online Mode, which updates the system and games without you doing so.

The third point ALONE indicates to that me that Nintendo has NO INTENTIONS WHATSOEVER to allow anyone the ability to hack their Wiis to play any sort of non-official content. Imagine day 1 of the hacker who discovered a hole in the Wii and posted it online, by day 2, all the Wiis worldwide connected wirelessly to the net would be updated and the hack would be obsolete...

Sony has never even thought of using such tactics with their consoles thus far (even though the Rootkit is just as assholish). But I suppose with the Wii you know its going on, so that makes it semi-ok, but nonetheless, good luck hacking it...

And that doesn't matter anyway, Sony allowed homebrew on the PS2, is allowing it on the PS3 and there is some indication of it being allowed on the PSP.

Sony allowing homebrew on their consoles: 2
    Nintendo allowing homebrew on their consoles: 0.

Blog Entries

if its through Linux anything 3d will be nearly impossible as Linux doesn't support 3d crap or so Ive been told. i could be wrong..

I'm sure SONY will have its ways though to stop things like "full kernal" access to the PSP. Because I'm sure they don't want us to pirate any more games for the PSP. Though user mode homebrew isn't a horrible thing. I would rather keep acess to the media engine etc...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information