Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: e[mulator] v0.82f - Multi System Emulator for the PSP

I tested out metal slug pocket for ngp.. It runs perhaps a little better than monkey's emulator, but its quite jerky.

New e[mulator] release? Rock on!

Uggh, bad news though... From his page:
    Quote Originally Posted by e
    I've recently become busy with Dynamic recompiling and electronic engineering and starting a business and business trips so I'm taking a break with development.
    I do plan on fixing emulator if I feel like it.
    --------------------------------------------
    What e has done
    (1) PC-Engine
    Implemented Super Graphx.
    It's slightly faster.

(2) Major overhaul of the WonderSwan Emulator
    Implemented sound emulation
    Implemented speed increase through a pipeline stall in the CPU portion
    Fixed the interrupt processing in the CPU portion
    Concerning PC Engine CDROM2
    Since I've lost the motivation I've stopped working on it.
    Current Emulator Release
    e[mulator] 0.82f for PSP
    WonderSwan Portion
    (1) Changed the scanline count from 159 to 160 and compatibility has improved.
    It is thought that the speed will decrease with this fix.
    (2) Am currently implementing processing to speed up drawing.
    (3) Fiddled around with the sound volume.
    Looks like a S/CD ROM emulator from e isn't coming anytime soon. I wonder how hard it would be to fix up the S/CD portion of Mednafen to work with the PSP?

Quote Originally Posted by b8a View Post
    New e[mulator] release? Rock on!

Uggh, bad news though... From his page:

Looks like a S/CD ROM emulator from e isn't coming anytime soon. I wonder how hard it would be to fix up the S/CD portion of Mednafen to work with the PSP?
    Ah, gutted.

This seems to be the only PC engine emu being worked on at the mo, but theres still no support for CD games. ...doh!

Quote Originally Posted by crypysmoker View Post
    ok.. Im normaly not stupid witht his kind of stuff...

But once extracted there are so many folder... I have placed the main folder into the game folder and no go.. just freezes.. I put just the emu part in there and same thing..

What am I doing wrong? i would really liek to get this going because its much better to have one that does so much then having 10 different emus
    You have to convert it to 1.50 and all the folders in it after.

no n64 ah phooey

Quote Originally Posted by uneekracer View Post
    no n64 ah phooey
    I'm still iffy on how anyone could truly enjoy playing the n64 on a PSP... Really strange control schemes when I tried out Daedulus (whatever)...

I'd like for the Wonderswan emulator to work... with sram... ... ...

but... ... >_> It looks like this is going to be another dead emu...

Wether or not this is the emulator that does it, someone will make the ulitmate emulator and it will be a huge hit. Either someone else is also working on something like this, someone is going to take this project over, or someone is gonna take other emulators and make them into one program. If one of these happens I would be delighted. Or e could just magically find spare time and finish this up.

DCEmu Regular

Ummm...why don't you guys try E's older HUE emulator? The 0.6 versions played pc-engine cd quite nicely. I believe the last two versions of HUE 0.7 and the last 0.6 beta did not play mp3's but the earlier 0.6 versions did. I finished Ys Book I&II with that emulator and also rocked out some Lords of Thunder. Now the mp3's I think played about a 1/2 a second slower than a real Duo but you had CD audio in all the games. Plus the games were full speed if the setting were on GPU instead of CPU. Try the older versions.

Quote Originally Posted by geise69 View Post
    Ummm...why don't you guys try E's older HUE emulator?
    Ummm...Yes, we're all (well, at least I am, anyway) aware that there are playable S/CD emulators out there, but it's not an issue of it just being playable. I, for one, am waiting for a rock solid S/CD emulator. My PSP already plays all of my other old favorites (with a few exceptions) flawlessly, now I'm just looking for a S/CD emulator to deliver the same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by geise69 View Post
    Ummm...why don't you guys try E's older HUE emulator? The 0.6 versions played pc-engine cd quite nicely. I believe the last two versions of HUE 0.7 and the last 0.6 beta did not play mp3's but the earlier 0.6 versions did. I finished Ys Book I&II with that emulator and also rocked out some Lords of Thunder. Now the mp3's I think played about a 1/2 a second slower than a real Duo but you had CD audio in all the games. Plus the games were full speed if the setting were on GPU instead of CPU. Try the older versions.
    Hue does kick ass! :thumbup:

I just wanted Strider to work well on my psp (including the mp3s).

Every other game I wanted to try worked pretty much spot on the last version of Hue (Drackula X, Rtype - complete cd etc) but I know Stirder required the Arcade Card and for some reason the last Hue doesnt seem to support that games mp3s??

I like this version of Strider cause each level had a cutscene with different art and voices than the arcade game, plus boss characters give short speeches, complete with portraits, before you kick there ass! All of the music has been remixed as MP3's, plus an exclusive end level that was exclusive to the PC Engine!

Dya know if this game was compatible with all Striders music on any previous versions of Hue?

I was really hope the new release of this e[mulator] would have sorted out these probs, but alas no... sigh.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information