Aliens: Colonial Marines on Wii U will be the definitive version of the game by virtue of the system's innovative new controller, so says Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford.Speaking in an interview with Vox Games, Pitchford seemed hugely enthusiastic for Nintendo's forthcoming touch screen-enabled home console."The Wii U version has so much more to offer... no other platform can do what the Wii U can do," he said."If you love [Xbox] 360 games, you are not used to being in a world where you have this new interface. But once you get used to that, you imagine the possibilities. There are some opportunities that are just not possible on any platform that does not have that device."He confirmed that the Wii U version of Gearbox's forthcoming shooter will feature a number of unique features, though didn't offer specifics."I don't want to give spoilers away on some of the things we are thinking of or things we have actually implemented already, but there are a lot of cool opportunities with that device that are going to make a very unique and compelling experience on that platform."We have given it a lot of attention. I think it will not be too long [before] Nintendo opens up their kimono a little bit more about that platform and where it is going, and we will be there right with them talking about how Aliens is using it."Pitchford isn't the only developer to wax lyrical about Nintendo's new machine this month. Epic Games co-founder Mark Rein told Eurogamer "I think E3 will be a big eye-opener for people," when we asked him about the platform at GDC.Nintendo still hasn't set a release date for the hardware, though it is expected on shelves this year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-more-to-offer