Thread: Sony confirms 2nd PS3 shipment coming next week

ps3 Sony confirms 2nd PS3 shipment coming next week

news via gamesarefun

Speaking to CBC News, Sony Computer Entertainment of Canada's marketing and public relations manager Matt Levitan announced that North American gamers who missed out on the launch will have another chance to grab a PS3 next week.

"We are getting a second shipment next week, probably around the middle of next week. We'll know by Monday or Tuesday when they will be available.

"We are flying in shipments from Japan and China, and will probably ship them directly to retail" [instead of to Sony's warehouses], he said.

Levitas expects 4 or 5 additional shipments by the end of 2006, with each shipment containing a quarter of the units that were available at launch. He unfortunately didn't state what that number was. If Sony's original 400K launch number is to be believed, that means another 400-500K in the next six weeks.

So if you live in the US region and you missed out, here is your second shot at getting a PS3.

DCEmu Newbie

Thats good news, ima grab me a ps3

i have a pre order hahahahaha

Good news for buyers, bad news for resellers.

Resellers are very bad humans. This is good news, I'm gonna get me a PS3, hopefully.

DCEmu Newbie

Damn... I wonder if the price will drop over time.... my brother really wants one and he's too young to wait in line...

I missed out on the PS3 launch. My Walmart only got 2 friggin PS3s. Hopfully I will be able to get one in the next few weeks.

DCEmu Legend

I hope Walmart near me gets em, my friend gave me a card from there with 50 bucks on it. Thats 50 bucks closer to a PS3 than I was last week.

Do you think that there will be lines for the 2nd shipment of ps3 because i dont want to be the only stupid one camping out and nobody else does lol im willing to camp out early if there is gonna be a line but i just want to know. and do you know for a fact that it says they will ship next week to NORTH AMERICA? Not Canada NORTH AMERICA?

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by JayDawg3376 View Post
    Do you think that there will be lines for the 2nd shipment of ps3 because i dont want to be the only stupid one camping out and nobody else does lol im willing to camp out early if there is gonna be a line but i just want to know. and do you know for a fact that it says they will ship next week to NORTH AMERICA? Not Canada NORTH AMERICA?
    well, Canada is in North America, and so is Mexico. My friend works at EB, and last time i talked to him he said that they will get more ps3s, but they will still sell out fast. You can get one no hassle next year

Thread Information