Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wii Easily Hackable?

Default Wii Easily Hackable?

I got wii today with the intention of hacking it. So, I downloaded Super Mario 64 and I got a couple savs and transfered all that info on my sd I then put it in my pc and found the wii will be easily hackable. The whole thing is really organized and extremely easy to back-up saves to your pc or in the future easily hombrewable. I deduced that when you select a wii channel It goes through these folders to find the bin file:

Private-Wii-Title-(then any saves or Vc games)-(then a .bin)

Once it finds it it will boot it. So I bet you can easily figure out which bin is which save and back them up on your pc. The same with vc title. Then I bet you could just switch one save for another and one vc game for another or a homebrew app.

What I want to know is can you save that actual game to your SD card or just the save?

If you can save the game it would really helpful if you could dump it on your PC and upload, see if people can use it on there Wii's too and if they convert the files to work on a regular N64 PC Emu, or get a N64 PC Rom to work on Wii by making it the same file type.

Just to note, I don't have a Wii so I'm not looking to just take your SM64 and put it on my wii =-/

well, I transfered Super Mario 64 to my sd and it came up on my pc so im pretty sure you can transfer the game

DCEmu Newbie

Well we can just start a collection of "Chanles" on the web and people can dowload them right?
    pop in The SD and play!
    Note: you can store Mii's on the Wii mote!,
    you can also drag will chanels to the SD

DCEmu Newbie

We should start by comparing what is different in the same channels depending on which Wii they are coming from. I don't have any virtual console games, but we should compare the regular channels and see if there is anything about them that makes them unique to each machine. I'll put them on my SD card and take a look when I get a chance.

ok i only did a little investigating in this so you guys can take it from here

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by grantendo View Post
    Well we can just start a collection of "Chanles" on the web and people can dowload them right?
    pop in The SD and play!
    Note: you can store Mii's on the Wii mote!,
    you can also drag will chanels to the SD
    I took this to mean you could transfer the Mii channel, weather channel, etc to your SD card, but this is not the case. Perhaps I will download Zelda just so I have something to put on the SD card to check out.

Also, we know that virtual console games don't work on other systems, but do Wii game saves work on different systems?

i dont know anyone with a wii to transfer saves so i dont know

DCEmu Newbie

Hey I have a Zelda save if you would like to try it out!

email your save to me and I will try to get it to work, I will pm you my email address

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information