Thread: ADS InstantVideo To-Go Accelerates iPod and PSP Video Encoding

Blog Entries

psp ADS InstantVideo To-Go Accelerates iPod and PSP Video Encoding

Via Gizmodo

ADS announced InstantVideo To-Go, a nifty little $79.95 widget that supercharges compression of video into that oh-so-sweet H.264 format. The company calls it the first hardware-based H.264 conversion device for PCs. This little USB key is a video transfer accelerator that lets you convert any video into that butta-smooth format specifically for playback on an iPod or PSP, and lets you accomplish that feat five times faster than real time.

So what this means is you can take a DVD's worth of video and crunch it down for 320x240 playback on your iPod or PSP in 20 minutes, something that can take five hours to do with software encoding. And this baby can do that with a slew of media formats, too, including MP4, MP3, AVI, WMV, MOV, RM, JPG, and TIFF. Yeah, ADS. This we gotta try.

More info at Homepage --> http://www.adstech.com/products/intro/products.asp

nice but i aint payin that price

DCEmu Legend

I could really use that. The time it saves would be worth the price over time. I'm nut skeptical on whether it really does work THAT good.

Impressive! But for that much?

DCEmu Newbie

5hrs to convert a dvd?? Which programs take that long? I use dvdshrink & video9 & it only take me 30 - 40 mins to do both.

I'm never paying any extra ££ to copy & convert my dvds that i've already paid for, unless its paypal donations to the coders for all there great work.

Will this thing have Linux support?

NO!

Will I buy it?

NO!!

I'm with xsimmonsx, pspvideo9 is already far quicker than real time, even doing 2 passes on the video encode.

Perhaps if your running it on a pentium 2 or somthing it might take 5x real time. This athlon xp x2 3800+ is far from the fastest of cpus, a core2duo crushes it in most benchmarks.

Thread Information