Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP: Lua-Pac-Man v0.0 beta Released

DCEmu Coder

psp PSP: Lua-Pac-Man v0.0 beta Released

From Yashamaru:
    "I have been working on a simple Pac-Man clone for a little over a month now. It all started with some old code I made for a game that couldn’t use it. I added this code to a Pac-Man ghost and next thing I know the Game enters Beta stage (that means it’s playable, but it’s not done). Since it’s in Beta Stage now, I have built a public release. As with all my releases they are gifts to everyone using or making homebrew as a thanks for all the great apps/games I have got."

I think this is a wonderful addition to the PSP Homebrew scene!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Thx cools,

I released this game late last night and was too sleepy to post about it, On all the great homebrew sites.

always have fun,

you should re-name it though.

namco really dont like the name "pacman" being used unofficially, since they still use the license. Even the PC remake of the old amiga "Deluxe Pacman" has had to be renamed to "Deluxe PocMon".

also, that would be an excellent version of pacman for you to consider "borrowing" some features of

Great job, Yashamaru...I still play this, Galaga and Pole Position every now and then when I've gotten a little tired of next gen stuff...Good work.

I was wondering If you'd consider implementing an upright position view, and make the analog nub compatible...You don't have to, it's just an idea.

Hungry Horace:
    you should re-name it though.

namco really dont like the name "pacman" being used unofficially, since they still use the license. Even the PC remake of the old amiga "Deluxe Pacman" has had to be renamed to "Deluxe PocMon".

also, that would be an excellent version of pacman for you to consider "borrowing" some features of
    You could be right, if it comes to that lua-man with different sounds/images would have to be born from the ashes.

Apoklepz:
    Great job, Yashamaru...I still play this, Galaga and Pole Position every now and then when I've gotten a little tired of next gen stuff...Good work.

I was wondering If you'd consider implementing an upright position view, and make the analog nub compatible...You don't have to, it's just an idea.
    Thx Apoklepz, yes Vertical will be add it just didn't make it in this release because of the rush I was in (wanted a beta out on Nov 19th). hmm The analog nub don't work? (I can't play without it) if you mean make it work with Vertical, np.

From the Lua-Pac-Man_v00.txt file:
    --Need to do
    *Add Vertical (Turn PSP) [Requested by: modcase]
    *Add Music
    *Add high score system
    *Add level intermission B / level intermission C

Nice homebrew, very authentic!

If you could add the sound effects of when pacman is moving along eating everything that would be ideal.

The vertical full screen option sounds cool!

Looks a good game

PSN ID: splodger15

Baboon:
    Nice homebrew, very authentic!

If you could add the sound effects of when pacman is moving along eating everything that would be ideal.

The vertical full screen option sounds cool!
    Thx Baboon, will do. Both the 'eat pellets' and the ghost 'siren' (looking for Pac-Man) got dropped for this release because they didn't sound right. I hope to fix both, should be easy fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yashamaru View Post
    Thx Baboon, will do. Both the 'eat pellets' and the ghost 'siren' (looking for Pac-Man) got dropped for this release because they didn't sound right. I hope to fix both, should be easy fixes.
    I used to the love the old arcade machine! ...it was huge!
    Attachment 12483

Having a top homebrew conversion on my psp is ideal! :thumbup:

Pretty much arcade perfect! The sounds would be the icing on the cake for me! Im a huge fan of the classics If you add alternate sprites you could have a "Classic" setting with the originals and a "PSP" setting with your updrages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information