Fight My Monster has become the UK’s fastest-growing online game for boys after reaching 1m players.
The Moshi Monsters rival launched in 2011 and has gone on to achieve an average game session time of 40 minutes per player. The company claims this is almost twice as long as a user spends on Facebook in the UK.
Fight My Monster also received $2.1m in funding last month from a seed round led by Greycroft Partners. Investors include eVenture Capital Partners, Riot Games chairman Jarl Mohn, former PlayStation Europe man Chris Deering, Take-Two’s Jeff Lapin, Playdemic’s Josh Resnick and YouTube’s Kevin Donahue.
Fight My Monster CEO Dominic Williams said: “It’s a huge milestone for Fight My Monster and we can’t wait to start rolling out some of the new features we’ve got planned. Because we’re an online platform, we’ve got so many more opportunities than a traditional trading card community.”
Chairman Dylan Collins added: “Our community growth and engagement shows just how powerful this demographic is in creating new brands. Fight My Monster has just exploded from the playgrounds and it really is the product of that under-12 community.”
Fight My Monster also has a partnership in place with BrownBag Films to produce a TV series based on the franchise.
The online trading card game is accessed predominantly by kids in the UK and the US.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/fight...1m-boys/094307