Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We want your Wii Reviews

Blog Entries

Rev We want your Wii Reviews

By now many of you will have Wii Consoles, well we at Wii News and DCEmu would like to see reviews by our users, the game playing public are often better reviewers than some overpaid journalist.

So if you have a review please post it in our Submit News forum and we will do the rest.

Get your reviews noticed by many thousands and the best will be put up on our site as well

We Accept any Gaming and Hardware for Wii reviews

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Come on wraggster! Get my site up so we can have it for games and accessories!
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess

Let me start by saying i have played the recent Zelda games from nes snes gnc gba and n64 and as a fan i was really impressed.

Story:10/10
    Zelda has always had great stories even if some parts of the story is out there or seem like it has already been done,which in most cases there is bits and pieces that have been used in previous ones.Links adventure in this one is alot different than other Zelda has he finds himself tranforming into a wolf.A.k.A his twilight being.I won't go to much into details and let the gamers find out for themselves.
    Gameplay:10/10
    Now this is prolly hands down the best battle system that we seen this year in any game and there for it helps get the perfect score.Even though when during an intense battle with 8 or more baddies and you do a spinning sword attack it lags out a lil.It still deserves the 10.Gameplay is generally smooth and same as for almost all battles.
    Sound:9.5/10
    The sounds and music are amazing in this game and all background music is just right for each setting and the sounds from the wii mote where well choosen.They choose apporiate sounds for the wii mote and didn't overkill it.But wait 9.5.Why?The wolf........I love the wolf but when it howls to the tunes at stones,getting epona,and the hawk i wanna shoot myself in the head.It sounds like the wolf is dying,I find they coulda did a better job there.
    Graphics:10/10
    I believe everyone is happy that Zelda has gone back to the Ocarina of Time style rather than Wind Waker.I liked Wind Waker but the cartoon style took it away for me.Now Twilight is a more relalistic,mature,sharper version of Ocarina,for the best.Twilight is darker than any other Zelda and better characters as well.The people are more detailed and so is the surroundings and land.water,sky,etc.It also is the first teen rated zelda for the mature look(i.e. Telma's cleavage).

Replay:10/10
    In all zeldas there is alot of side quests and so does this one.You have the Poe search,Holes to explore all over the map.Golden bug quest,Heart piece finding,and bottles and other side quests.

Final Rating: 10/10

Need For Speed Carbon.

Story:8/10
    The story is simple and easy to follow.Think GTA SA turf wars but with racing cars.Its a fun concept but more coulda been done with it and the story has some cheesy parts but makes up with gameplay.Its hard to have a story for a racing game.
    Gameplay:8/10
    Gameplay is amazing but no online and only 2 players.Seems like not many games wanna take advantage of the 4 player fun.There is 5 different methods of driving the car with the wii mote which is perefect for me.I found the whole steering the remote can be difficult and a pain at times.I like using the Nunchuk control stick is better.Races can be real smooth and the partner system works real well when you get the hang of it.NFSC has a full selection of cars and you can custom each one.
    Sound:10/10
    Even though i don't recall hearing the wii mote making any sounds.The sounds are realalistic and music is not that bad either.WOLFMOTHER.The sound effects are up to par with the NFS games and there is no off beat sounds.
    Graphics:10/10
    Great visuals and smooth textures make this game amazing.The only thing i found a problem with was the cut scenes and the characters clothes.Animated clothes on actual people makes it look like one of those cgi anime shows.But the cars are stunning and thats what its all about.
    Replay:9.5/10
    You can redo old races and just free roam with some other features added in but it can get old fast.But you can always go 2 player and beat your buddies.

Final Rating:9/10

Wii Play

Gameplay:7/10
    Wii play i guess to some is like wii sports 2.But its not even close.Well maybe the shooting game can be considered a sport.Wii play is fun and entertaing, but not well lived up to wii sports which as you know comes with the console.It has 9 games in total.You only start off with one game and have to unlock the rest.But you don't have to beat the them to unlock the next game and some games are really to fats pace that it takes away from the fun level when you can beat the game in 5 mins or less.You can obtain medals to show off to your friends,but other than that there pretty much useless.Wii play can get really boring after awhile and once you beat it,well its only good if you have friends over.But even with friends the gameplay lacks to the likes of Wii sports.

Sound:6/10
    Sound kinda lacks as well.There is no catchy music and the sound effects get boring after awhile.

Graphics:9/10
    Well lots of bright colours and great textures but nothing impressive if thats what you are looking for.The objects and backgrounds and of course your mii's are very basic.But this game was not designed for high quailty graphics but for high quailty fun(which they kinda should of stuck with high quailty graphics cause the fun runs out too soon)

Replay::5/10
    Well you can try to beat your own scores but after awhile it gets real boring.You can also play with friends to hype it up some,but face it even they will get bored after awhile

Final Notes

This game does inculde a wii mote so ina way its worth picking up cause the game and wii mote pack its only $10 more than a wii mote

Final Score:7.5/10

Call Of Duty 3

Story::9/10
    The story is yet anthor WW2 story.No worries though the game does not get boring because of it.There is countless games made about WW2 and prolly yet more to come.The story has you switch through characters like the COD's before it.Which i find good and bad.I like to stick to one character through-out the game but COD 3 makes it bareable.

Gameplay:
    9/10
    The whole wii mote thing makes it a bit tricky in some places in the game but more fun and interactive.Moving the mote and nunchuck back and forth during a CQC fight is tuff at times but fun as hell.Moving the Wii mote forward to pistol whip and the nunchuck left and right to cycle weapons.The wii mote to me is like playing a FPS on the PC.the Wii mote is my mouse whick i find more effective for these type of games but at the same time can take away when you move it without paying atttention and the view moves rapidly and then he get shot and have to re focus,and by the time you do that your dead.Overall the gameplay can be smooth but has a few rough edges.I was really sad to see no Online or multiplayer,kinda takes away from the COD series and well the Wii.How does Wii expect to keep up with not offering online as much as the others.

Sound:10/10
    AH the sound of blazing guns in the morning.The sound is great and not some cheesy gun noises.Music is good and fits in for the different settings real well.

Graphics:9/10
    Now i have not seen the PS3 or 360 versions of this game but it doesn't matter because this is Wii good.
    The graphics are up to par and great compared to the other FPS shooter(far cry) the wii has that the screens totally blow it for me.The creepy thing is when your in CQC or cut scenes the soilders eyes are black and its kinda creepy.

Replay:8/10
    Not really much replay to this game but its still a fun game just to go through a couple of times again.

Final Score: 9/10

DCEmu Newbie
    Satan's Lounge. It's quite cushy, really.

Wii Sports

Easy to overlook in the face of all the games we've been anticipating, Wii Sports is a remarkable development. It strikes me that this is what video games were meant to be. It is the arcade you take home, candy in its appearance, cocaine in its addictiveness.

Tennis, golf, bowling, boxing, baseball, all with their skill points, and then the training games to conquer, mean hours and hours of entertainment. The sweetest moment on the game is watching with glee as a player finally, finally achieves that gold medal. The leap for joy, the enthusiastic fist pump, and the sigh of relief are all fun...but none so fun as the eye-widening, jaw-dropping discovery that..."WTF? There's platinum?"

Not to mention the fact that, against all odds, this game is *good* for you. Okay, so you'll throw your arm out bowling and feel embarrassed when you can't even raise your arm for a handshake the next day. But the intense workout of boxing your best friend, or even working the bag, is so ridiculously hardcore that you'll also be embarrassed at the sweat you've worked up. Finally, in-shape gamers have a key advantage over our more dedicated, more weighty brethren - we can keep up for much longer.

While it may suck up hours of your time, the games themselves don't take too terribly long. You may not have time for Zelda in your busy life, but it's fun for the whole family if you can sneak a few rounds of bowling or boxing in with the kids (or parents) after a day at work. And on the kids' end, the games are so simple that even parents can operate it without too many bizarre questions ("Hit A." "Which is A?" "...the big button that says 'A' on it." "Oh.")

Tennis and gold leave something to be desired, and baseball's arbitrary errors can be frustrating, but even these are throughly enjoyable. Bowling is perfect to a fault, annoyingly sensitive to the curve of one's wrist. And boxing is a work out, demanding rhythm instead of merely flailing arms at the screen.

Wii Sports is worth the cost of the Wii. And you may find you don't even need another game for quite some time.

Or, short version: <3 Wii. <3 Wii Sports.

hey guys don't post here, read the first post. Just post in the submit news forum and a staff member will move the thread.

DCEmu Newbie

Would you also be interested in Wii accesories and other products that go along with the Wii being reviewed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceptic Tank View Post
    Would you also be interested in Wii accesories and other products that go along with the Wii being reviewed?
    Yes, as the first post says, Gaming and Hardware reviews

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information