Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sonys PSone Emu .........Time for the Hombrew Scene to Show Sony How Its Done

GP2X Coder

Hi hlide!
    Thanks for the support and I really enjoy this project already. This is definitely going to be a rarity for homebrew emulation on a handheld. To have something of this scale written specifically for a certain handhelds hardware is a great idea. With the PSP's hardware this should be exciting to squeeze performance out of this neglected handheld's secrets such as it's VFPU.

Thanks for the news post Wraggster.

DCEmu Regular

I would donate a 1.5 Psp but I do not have enough faith in projects such as these anymore. I could imagine donating a Psp only to hear that the project had been discontinued.

I remember the words of Pacmanfan when he first started work on his Ps1 Psx emulator as seen below:

''PSPSOne is more than an emulator to me. It's a legacy, It's a playable history of video games perfectly preserved from the 90's.

PSPSOne is a promise, it's a promise of being able to play thousands of awesome Playstation games on a whole new portable platform.''

I am sure many will be happy to donate to the project though.

Quote Originally Posted by hlide View Post
    Hello. I'm hlide, the lead developer of yapse4all (formerly known as YAPSxP). yapse4all is a PS1 emulator designed from the ground up specifically for the PSP. I have been working on a dynamic recompiler for this project and with guidance from Exophase (PSP's gpSP author), and ZodTTD (psx4all's developer), this will be the biggest advancement in Playstation emulation. Instead of making a port of an emulator designed for overpowered PC's, this project's focus is on the PSP's hardware and we plan to take full advantage of it. By contributing a PSP to yapse4all developers, you will see a high quality PS1 emulator on the PSP, finally. Thank you!
    Are you the person that we are supposed to be donating to? If so then, give us your paypal account and I'll donate right away. After wraggy verifies that I should donate to you. Also, keep us updated as to how much money you have gotten. Check your PM's too.

Wow you are all still complaining about the price of the ps3 whew i feel bad for you it runs linux, a 60GB hard drive that can b pulled out to put in an even bigger HD, HD compatible, plays music vids photos etc, connects to the ipod so you can charge it, exchange media through the psp, ipod, camera, etc can create partitions on the HD for linux, windows, or Yellow Dog, download demos, trailers, and full games on the ps store, connect your psp to it and use it as a remote controller, import audio cd's to the system, play games while listening to music, better graphics then the 360 and better loading times hmmm and uhh its been out for less than a week and people already have linux, snes, and nes running yeah its a BAD idea to buy a ps3 minus Zelda:Twilight Princess and the Wii is nothing.

PS3 + Blu-Ray = Amazing

Wii + Zelda = Cheap people who cant keep up with gaming

Even if the Wii beats the ps3 in sales dont forget that the system is a good 250 dollars more and on some system cases (60GB) 350 dollars more so if the ps3 sells even half as the Wii its still beating them.

and wraggster-if my brother will give up his psp i will contact to you. I would be more than happy to help the psp scene!!!

GP2X Coder

I hope this is taken the wrong way...
    PacManFan took a different route than this project though. PMF was taking a PC Playstation emulator known as PCSX, and was attempting to write a dynamic recompiler and VFPU assembly instruction version of it's GTE.

Basically, as shown by the source left by PacManFan, he was trying to take an existing emulator and make it more suitable for the PSP. I imagine he found out what I had during my emulation attempts of the PS1 on handhelds...PCSX was a work in progress. It not only was incomplete, it was designed for PC's. It's not suited for handhelds when it comes to performance available right now.

This project is not vaporware. I have seen some of the code hlide has been working on, and its quality is amazing. He knows exactly what he's doing. He of course has a PSP and is familar with it's hardware. After speaking with Exophase and hlide, I too would definitely be suited for PSP development, but I do not currently have one.

I have already been through the whole process of getting a ps1 emulator up and running. I have done so with the psx4all project on the GP2X, Sharp Zaurus, and iStation V43.

In fact, I too have already written a PS1 R3000A -> MIPS32 dynarec that is compatible with PCSX (e.g. PSXP) but had to turn down Yoshihiro's request for the dynarec. This dynarec, although modified, is already working on the MIPS32 processor based iStation V43 version of psx4all.

So there is plenty of potential here.
    This is basically the best chance PSP users have for a truly PSP specific homebrew PS1 emulator.

I truly believe hlide is capable of this emulator, and has already shown me he knows what he's talking about. Do not write this emulator off too quickly. I'm speaking from expierence.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by mavsman4457 View Post
    Are you the person that we are supposed to be donating to? If so then, give us your paypal account and I'll donate right away. After wraggy verifies that I should donate to you. Also, keep us updated as to how much money you have gotten. Check your PM's too.
    I prefer not since I'm not this right person who needs a PSP. I just wanted to be sure that people did know for which project this psp would be. I suppose you must see with Wraggster since he is the person who starts this post.

Thanx for your support !

GP2X Coder

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by psp_iz_my_system View Post
    SONYS PS1 EMU IS NOT A REAL EMU! all it is ps1 games ported to the psp for sale to be downloaded onto ur mem stick. if it were a real emulator, then u could run ripped games. (off of discs, not pirated)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshinatsu View Post
    No, it's just that YOU are the noob.
    Those people must know much more than you, since they released the source of the EMU (and not player, its an ACTUAL emulator, it's just that Sony made their own format, PLUS they're locked with a unique code to be used only by ONE PS3 and ONE PSP.

Well done people, for decrypting 3.01, can't wait for Devhook.
    You can do it Dark_Alex!
    YOU are just an asshole. im not a noob, i just dont think that this is a real emulator, i think that its a way to get ppl to upgrade and a buisness scam. **** you asshole. u have 16 ****ing posts dont call me a noob. go have sex with sonys president.

actually it's worth more than $1000, you got to remember taxes and all that other crap, a grand is not worth playing psone games

damn i had a spare 1.5 but i traded it in to buy a wii, i could of mailed it to ya for free if i still had it

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information