Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Sonys PSone Emu .........Time for the Hombrew Scene to Show Sony How Its Done

I think he should get some beta testers...where lets say he makes a build, he can send it to some people and let them test it.

I will gladly test any program (that dosent write to the flash... maybe one of these if i get recovery back)

Quote Originally Posted by hlide View Post
    ...I have been working on a dynamic recompiler for this project and with guidance from Exophase (PSP's gpSP author), and ZodTTD (psx4all's developer), this will be the biggest advancement in Playstation emulation. Instead of making a port of an emulator designed for overpowered PC's, this project's focus is on the PSP's hardware and we plan to take full advantage of it. By contributing a PSP to yapse4all developers, you will see a high quality PS1 emulator on the PSP, finally. Thank you!
    Cool! That's going to be awesome! All we need now is a fullspeed N64 emulator.

I was thinking we could just crack the official one, and distribute it via P2P.

GP2X Coder

If only programming "blindly" was as easy as making a build and having it tested. There are times, especially with embedded/handheld development that a new build must be tested, then a new build be made to compare to the last build, and repeat the cycle. This is even more so the case early on in a project.

Hlide is leading this project, and he has a PSP.
    I believe someone is able to donate a PSP to me now though. I'll know for sure within a week it seems.

I appreciate the support everyone!

With so much talent working on this project it will definitely be exciting to follow!

Oh, I believe there's an official announcement of this project, yapse4all, at: www.pspgen.com

Thanks!

DCEmu Pro

Ya, this sounds real promising. I´ve been keeping an eye on Hlide since I read a few of his posts, a couple of exophases too a while back. I think this project can have enormous potential.
    I don´t have a gp2x but I was looking into it a while back and I ran across your name zodttd. I´m real glad to hear your joining the project and psp programming for the psp. This sounds great guys.:thumbup:

edit
    Lol, some of these guys just want to get there hands on a beta coding blindly, come on
    is it really to much to want to have a psp if your going to code for it ,lol

Silly question. This thread was started by wraggster so we all know its legit in HIS eyes. But what I don't understand is a coder with the talent to make a PS1 emulator comparable to Sony's, can't afford to buy a PSP? It's 150$ for a refurb. As someone mentioned 50$ for a non-working UMD. With that kinda skill, Im assuming this person is making a decent enough living to afford 150 bones. Just my opinion is all. I know if I was very confident that I could make a PS1 emulator I WOULD buy one just ta do it, if I was successful, Id prolly get bought out by Sony, have an awesome job, and much Homebrew fan recognition.. Worth 150$ if ya ask me.

Ya it dose sound silly but if you do think about it most peeps here are 13 to 18 or 20. And a few older then that.

All im saying is that hes probley got better things to spend money on. I got my first psp for half price (dad payed the rest), and my second was my bros b-day president (he never uses it, so i have taken it under my wing)

Now again, he probley dosent even have an ebay account either. I dont know the whole ebay thing but im pritty sure you need some payment type that hes not old enough to have (paypal, credit card, etc). So again there is another flaw. Now if we were to get a donation link up, give the money to W, and have him send a psp to AC Homeless then ya i can see that happening more then him getting his own.

Let's say he's underage, where's his parent's support? If he's someone's 14 year old son or daughter that believes they can code it, than the parents should be supportive and buy him/her one. If he/she has already demonstrated coding skills with them, than they should realize how far their child can go.

DCEmu Newbie

i'm intereted in this... but what about ps1p that wraggster showed us? i would wait to its release before donating.....

anyone with fresh news on that please say something!

Ive tried all the latest and greatest ps1 emulators and they are extremely slow. Than I saw the Official PS1 emulator from sony in action, running ridge racer... seems to run perfect. I just say wait for someone to emulate 3.x firmware (hopefully the peeps from devhook) and go from there. For all we know , we might just need the firmware and make PS1 ISOs PSP compatible.

EDIT: Just a thought or 2. Anyone know how the current delivery system works? It involves the ps3 so does that mean the games you buy are downloaded to the ps3 and you gotta be within proximity to play the games via wireless from the ps3? That wouldnt work, I wouldnt think cos of the transfer rate. And what about Sony eventually making so all you need is the psp? Does that mean you need a card big enough to hold a game up to 650-700 megs in size? IF so, well, 3.x will be cracked and and if its some sorta modded iso that only works for the psp than people will just host/trade the games they actually bought and it'll be all over torrent, newsgroups and p2p in no time.

Anyone know how the current delivery system works?

yes i do
    you have to have a psp (3.01 FW) and a PS3 (newest FW) and a Internet connection via PS3
    and yes you'll need to have a big memstick

the only time i would use that emu is if sony would buy me a new psp (to update) and a PS3 plus an internet flatrate

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information