Thread: Nintendo Wii Bluetooth Photo Rumor Debunked

Rev Nintendo Wii Bluetooth Photo Rumor Debunked

news via nintendorevolution

Go Nintendo kills the Wii rumor
    Nintendo Wii Bluetooth Is NOT Picture HungryThere's been a bizarre Wii rumor floating around that seemed so darn unlikely, even we didn't post about it. It all stemmed from a Nintendo forum user (This is becoming a trend, no?) that posted the following:

I just went in my photo channel just to look at the opening menu (I had no pictures on the SD card, or so I thought) when I clicked on the left button. It said that there were 12 pictures available. So, I was like “what’s going on here” and viewed them. It turned out to be pictures from my brother’s phone.

The allegation was that Wii was magically synching with nearby cellphones via Bluetooth and downloading the photos of 'em.

Pure nonsense, says Go Nintendo.

This is 100% not true. Bluetooth devices have to be paired with one another to get them to see each other. On top of that, there would be no reason that an SD card would have to be inserted to get this to work. To further prove that it doesn’t work, I even tried it multiple times just to give a first-hand confirmation that this isn’t true.

Another day, another rumor debunked.

I always thought that at the VERY least, the phone must've had it's bluetooth switched on for the Wii to even recognize it has photos. The story hit out like the Wii would just pick up any photos on ANY bluetooth device.

I honestly do not know anybody who walks around with their Bluetooth constantly switched on on their phone. I certainly don't.

Thread Information