Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dual analogue sticks most wanted feature for PSP 2.0

Blog Entries

psp Dual analogue sticks most wanted feature for PSP 2.0

Via Pocketgamer:

Put down your weapons, the shootout is over. A two-week long exclusive poll of Pocket Gamer readers has revealed that dual analogue sticks are the hardware upgrade most desired for the next version of Sony's PSP.

In what was admittedly a tight vote, 28 per cent of voters plumped for the two sticks upgrade, versus the 27 per cent who'd most like to see Sony make the screen touch sensitive.

The result won't surprise anyone who's played the likes of Star Wars Battlefront II. Control of certain kinds of games has been a bugbear for PSP gamers from day one. While developers have increasingly successfully compensate for the console's control limitations (for example, GUN: Showdown generous auto-aim feature) there's no doubt the single analogue stick has lessened the PSP's ability to pull ahead of DS in certain genres where its technical smarts would otherwise serve it well, such as first person shooters.

The results in full

What would you most like to see in PSP 2.0?Dual analogue sticks 28%
    Touchscreen 27%
    Built-in mobile phone 21%
    Built in camera and mic 16%
    Clamshell case 5%

sony should design usb dualshock for psp or some kind of adaptor ...don't be silly ,you don't need vibrations in psp,just sticks:thumbup:

DCEmu Legend

A 2nd analog "nub" would be welcomed. But perhaps a redesign or modification to how it currently feels. What would be really cool is if it was designed in a way that allows the analog sticks to pop up when in use and then push back in and lock in place when not used.

DCEmu Newbie

Yes exactly what Veskgar said of course another analog stick with the ability to push it in when not in use or when storing in a case or something and push it again and it pops up ready to play much like the console controllers...also if possible it would be nice to add two more triggers so that if feels and plays like a real Playstation controller except that the analog sticks won't be so close which is very good.

DCEmu Legend

I'd like 2 analog nubs AND a new ergonomic design. As I said in another post about this, make the PSP like a PS2 controller, with the 2 handles. I have a hard time playing PSP comfortably and have to stop after 45 minutes to an hour because my hands begin to cramp.

There was an attachable 4-1 memory unit that did the same thing, I think it was at Divineo, but I haven't heard/seen about it since...

Must Have " Analog Sticks To Play Fps Game!!!!!!!

DCEmu Pro

most of those options sound like ds functions...

and homebrew support wasnt a choice i imagine.

Would be nice... tho having 2 nubs / analouge sticks would make handling abit iffy IMO. Grab yer PSP and imagine theres another nub where the power and hold LEDs are . . . not think its abit tricky to get to the face buttons? Mainly Triangle?
    Still . . . would be good for all those FPS fans out there.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    Would be nice... tho having 2 nubs / analouge sticks would make handling abit iffy IMO. Grab yer PSP and imagine theres another nub where the power and hold LEDs are . . . not think its abit tricky to get to the face buttons? Mainly Triangle?
    Still . . . would be good for all those FPS fans out there.
    Well I personally don't think the PSP is ideal for first-person shooter games but SONY is backing those types of games and bragging about the PSP hardware being able to handle those games.

I actually get more excitement when I play Metroid Prime Hunters on my DS Lite than I did playing some PSP shooters. But the DS Lite has some awkwardness to it as well when playing Metroid Prime Hunters. I guess it is due to its small size and TINY D-PAD.

The the fact will always be that 1st-Person shooters will always be better on HOME consoles in a high-def home theater environment.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information