Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: PS1P Alpha 1 Released - Playstation One Emulator for PSP

the reason it doesnt work is coz sonys update that you installed stopped it. they want all of your money to fund international mediocrity.

Default ps1p set up help

is this the right way to set it up?

E:/PSP-GAME150-__SCE__PS1P-eboot
    BIN-scph1001
    PS1 Game.bin
    %__SCE__PS1P-eboot

does that look right, the caps are folders and enerything else it a file, i have 2.71 SE-C in case it matters

and does tomba 1 work or am i wasting my time?

thanks

This is really cool. nice 1 boss! I ran it on my 2.80 psp and it worked, but i have no games to run. does anyone know where I can get them? thanx

Nowhere and everywhere at the same time...

1) dont talk about getting roms or isos here, ull get banned
    2) I LIKE CANDY! du dudu dudu du-du, great app, can any1 tell me where 2 put the attatched ff7 save file tho?

DCEmu Coder

Wow, how many idiots attracted by this thing.

Also, all the stuff about dynamic RECOMPILATION (and not DECOMPILATION) is wrong. Read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_recompilation

Also, Tomba! 1 doesn't work, I tried. Too bad though, I really like that game.

That recompilation example in wikipedia is exactly what I was talking about. The long list of simple steps:

mov C,[A]
    mov [B],C
    cmp [B],#0
    etc

get replaced with a single step

movs [B],[A]

on the more powerful processor.

DCEmu Coder

But that's not the main idea, and usually it's not what happens in fact. The main purpose is to translate a big block of code at once and keep the translated code stored somewhere, so when you want to run it again it's already translated.

The living proof of that is gpSP--it's dynamically recompiling ARM code to MIPS code. And ARM is far more complex than MIPS. Yet that dynarec (which translates, in lots of cases, one instruction to more than one) is what brings fast GBA to your PSP system

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by tunglashor View Post
    That recompilation example in wikipedia is exactly what I was talking about. The long list of simple steps:

mov C,[A]
    mov [B],C
    cmp [B],#0
    etc

get replaced with a single step

movs [B],[A]

on the more powerful processor.
    huh, this looks like a code machine optimizer than a dynarec to me.

First, when you need to emulate another architecture, you will have a different memory layout, so this example is not a good one. A dynarec would probably look like :

[original code]
    mov C,[A]
    mov [B],C
    beq [B],#0, exit

[dynarec code]
    movi a0, A
    call translate_address // returns into v0 the translated address A
    mov r1, [v0]
    movi a0, B
    call translate_address // returns into v0 the translated address B
    mov r0, [v0]
    cmp r0, 0
    jz exit

as you can see they are different instructions and much longer than the original instructions because of the architecture of the target machine. But since the target machine is faster than the orginal machine, you can execute them to emulate the original code.

and yes Tinnus is right.

Nice! You guys should update that wikipedia entry

Quote Originally Posted by tunglashor View Post
    That's not really accurate. A better analogy is, imagine your mom is used to giving instructions to your idiot brother. She writes them out in a long list of simple, basic steps so he can understand. Now you're smarter than your bro so when your mom writes out instructions for you to do the same job, she can do it in fewer steps cuz she doesn't have to spell out every little detail for you. Fewer steps = the job gets done quicker.

In this analogy, the job = the game, your idiot brother = the PS1, you = the PSP. The job of the recompiler is to rewrite that long list of instructions into the shorter one.

Hopefully, by taking advantage of the PSP's extra power in this way the recompiler can make up for the slowness of the emulation process. However there's no guarantee that this extra efficiency will lead to 100% speed plus sound - there's no way of knowing until it's done.
    Ok thx, i was told one way I guess I missunderstood =P, It does clear things up.
    Quick question tho, as anyone let this run till the battery died? How long does it take and will it be faster with the Recompiler or decompiler or w/e we are calling it now =P (ps im going to start calling it thingy that makes ps1 faster..)

Thread Information