Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: PS1P Alpha 1 Released - Playstation One Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan4 View Post
    This emulator sucks as far as compatability as far as I'm concerned, the compatability is HORRIBLE. I give alot of credit to the coder and everything, I just think he shouldn't have released it until compatability was better. Wow FF7 works, well the whole PSX community isn't FF fans so just because this emulator can run one game that "everyone" likes it's instantly a great emulator. It doesn't run great games like Tomba! or Tomb Raider? Resident Evil 2 starts up fine but when you get to gameplay you can't move your character, a problem that should have been fixed for the release. I'm not some *** that like FF, so I'm not giving this emulator props because the compatability is HORRIBLE. I wish the "AC" all the well in future builds I just don't think he should have released it yet. Hardly any good games run on it, and I think the only reason this emulator is getting such praise because it can run FF7. Now before all the FF fans come on here and decide to "flame" me or whatever you "gamers" call making fun of someone, if you WERE'NT a FF fan what good would this emulator be in this state? I just think he released it to early, we didn't need it just yet I mean PSP-X just came out not to long ago.
    Don't use "we" and pretend you talk for the community. This is a great release. Please note this is *alpha*. Look up what Alpha means. Better yet since you seem to be incapable of doing any thing on a computer but whine about Resident Evil 2 I'll do it for you.

The alpha version of a product still awaits full debugging or full implementation of all its functionality but satisfies a majority of the software requirements. It often lacks features promised in the final release but demonstrates the feasibility and basic structure of the software.

The alpha build of the software is the first build delivered to the software testers.

I am *thankful* that AC has taken his time to make such a program which is great even in Alpha.

So stop being an ungrateful little wretch. If you don't like it volunteer to help code it.

DCEmu Newbie

hey, ive got the police station save you guys, heck ill send it to you... but when u load it on psp... it shows the exact place where u r... but Leon isnt there... lol. hes just not there, thats best i can explain. any ideas?

Got it!!!!
    The save has the 2 files from post 1, plus the two resident evil files.
    LeonA /01/ Hall is leon with 30 bullets on Normal. To get the key go outside and kill brad. On Caution.
    LeonA /02/ Hall is leon with less bullets on Normal. Key is in chest. On Caustion (all doors open)

EDIT:
    I didnt test these saves on the psp so im not sure they will work. Ill test them now...

DCEmu Newbie

those saves do the same thing mine do. no good. wtf is wrong, lol

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jpdeathblade View Post
    Got it!!!!
    The save has the 2 files from post 1, plus the two resident evil files.
    LeonA /01/ Hall is leon with 30 bullets on Normal. To get the key go outside and kill brad. On Caution.
    LeonA /02/ Hall is leon with less bullets on Normal. Key is in chest. On Caustion (all doors open)

EDIT:
    I didnt test these saves on the psp so im not sure they will work. Ill test them now...
    do u think u culd upload a psp save of ff9 during and after the first fight please? it would help alot because i cant do it myself (im on a mac with a broken cd drive)

I was going to anyway =P i love that game. I will get you to the first game save but the characters will have default names...

As for Resident Evil 2, there is a problem with loading. Whenever you load a character the moddle never shows. For example Loading Hunk crashes the game as well as tofu (both on the save file i posted). Leon wouldntload either but the game didnt crash, i could still get into the menu and stuff etc.
    So theres something to be fixed. Anyway I will work on that FF9 save...

DCEmu Newbie

thanks alot man thats like my favorite game of all time, and yea default names are fine

Im having problems on my pc =P
    I get to the battle then it lags out and my computer crashes (well it has to close out the program and take 5 mins to get back to working order)

DCEmu Newbie

not saying i agree with cpt morgan, but i really think it is a bit overrated. dont get me wrong. i really appreciate the work gone into it, but the compatability is lacking. i know it is an alpha and ill keep a close eye on it's development. but just because it can play ff7 every ff fan out there says this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. i agree with cpt morgan in saying that not all of those who downloaded this emu is a ff fan.
    I just wish i could play metal gear and the original tony hawk games...

I found a bunch of bios files for psx but i do not know which one to use does anyone know off hand which one works?

Thread Information