Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: PS1P Alpha 1 Released - Playstation One Emulator for PSP

Never mind.. Just randomly clicked a link and got it.. =P

wow 532 posts lol....

sweet app though, better than the official one

Quote Originally Posted by Jpdeathblade View Post
    Now what this Decompiler does is very simple and can be explained easly (little bit later i will). With that in place we should see 100% speed and sound emulation.

Basicly the ps1p is your mom and the game is you. Your mom asks you to do something then you sit down. Once you sit your mom asks for something else. And so on. Well the decompiler makes it so that you do all these task then sit down. So instead of starting and stopping 100 times it runs the entire thing then stops when needed
    That's not really accurate. A better analogy is, imagine your mom is used to giving instructions to your idiot brother. She writes them out in a long list of simple, basic steps so he can understand. Now you're smarter than your bro so when your mom writes out instructions for you to do the same job, she can do it in fewer steps cuz she doesn't have to spell out every little detail for you. Fewer steps = the job gets done quicker.

In this analogy, the job = the game, your idiot brother = the PS1, you = the PSP. The job of the recompiler is to rewrite that long list of instructions into the shorter one.

Hopefully, by taking advantage of the PSP's extra power in this way the recompiler can make up for the slowness of the emulation process. However there's no guarantee that this extra efficiency will lead to 100% speed plus sound - there's no way of knowing until it's done.

im sorry but im new to the whole emulator on psp thing, can anybody please tell me what to do to get the emulators working? pleease

Quote Originally Posted by Sparda View Post
    Has anyone tried Abe's Odysee yet? I can't find my disk so I'm gunna borrow it from a friend if somebody else has gotten it to work.
    Yeah I've tried this game and it works but there's quite a lot of glitches in the graphics. Abe leaves trails behind him and the scrolling text is unreadable. Still it does run and looks promising for future versions.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalDreamer View Post
    im sorry but im new to the whole emulator on psp thing, can anybody please tell me what to do to get the emulators working? pleease
    Try this:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...s1p#post287251

does it work on3.01

Quote Originally Posted by pspwog View Post
    does it work on3.01
    Does any homebrew work on 3.01?

No.

If you want to play PS1 on your PSP, go out and buy a PS3. You already have the highest frimware, so you might as well.

DCEmu Newbie

why it doesn't work?
    ich have FW 3.01
    and PS1P Alpha blablabla
    doesnt work=(

see the post above yours

Thread Information