Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Controller USB hack??

DCEmu Newbie

Lightbulb Classic Controller USB hack??

Anyone think its possible to connect the classic controller via usb? I mean, maybe if you can find the pin layout and make a custom little converter and walla. Anyone thinks its possible? It'd be nice to play my backups of my games i own on my pc with the classic controller via my apple cinema 20in lcd ;-D :thumbup:

doubt it since its supposed to be used through a blue tooth device.

DCEmu Newbie

Maybe I should just chop up an extra usb cable I have and see what happens.. can I mess anything up that way? I mean, usb has 4 pins and the Wii connector has 5(6 technically) One of those connectors has got to be something I don't need. Looks like I have something to do this weekend ;-D heh(sad really) though I don't have a classic controller yet, i'm gonna see what happens with the nunchuk. It probably needs a chip to identify it or something to be used most likely though...

why bother...if you have a wii you have remote

DCEmu Newbie

I move around a lot and the Wii isn't a portable as my powerbook

i have no idea what you mean, your powerbook wont play Wii games, and the remote is wireless to the Wii

Quote Originally Posted by accordian boy View Post
    i have no idea what you mean, your powerbook wont play Wii games, and the remote is wireless to the Wii
    I think he means that he wants to connect the Classic controller to his computer and use it to play games on it as though it were a PC gamepad.

No, I don't expect something like that to work. Even if you did manage to connect it, it would require special drivers to be written to it in order for it to work.

Seems like it would be a waste of time to me.

Hey, all. These guys have developed NES and superNES adapters that will plug into your GC ports. you just plug in a remote to the adapter and play! as for USB, that wont work for the Wii because it is not programmed to take game commands from usb, only from GC ports and bluetooth. However, this site has USB adapters and USB gamepads for PC users.

http://www.retrousb.com/wii.html

well...the wii remote can be connected to a pc using bluetooth and i know for a fact we can access anything connected to it so its is definetly possible - it just needs a custom written glovepie script.

WIIII 200 posts

DCEmu Newbie

Default need drivers for usb-modded wii classic controller

I did just that, spliced a usb port with a wii classic controller and now I need help. ANy suggestions, or where I can find drivers???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information