Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion

Question Religion

religion, lets face it,s a topic nobody ever wants to talk about, And not because people aren't interested in the subject, heck just about everyone that has strong beliefs wants to share them, that's not what im asking here.

the fact of the matter is, religion is such a fragile topic that no one can ever talk about it amidst people without stepping on someone else's toes.

Why do you suppose that is ? could it be SATAN!! *pauses for dramatic effect, lol, kidding im only kidding, lol

Personally, my beliefs are different, even though the members of my established church, would pick my opinions apart and nag and nag and tell me i was going to hell until i told them something different,

Still I believe, that from the very first time we draw breath, we are free to decide what we want to do with our lives. The bible even makes this clear.. we are free to decide weather we accept it or not.

So i don't spend a lot of time trying persuade others to follow my beliefs. I believe there choice is as much within there right as I was to my own.

Still. I hold reservations against (people who believe in nothing )~ If a person worships a baked potato,or satan, or the silver moon dragon for that matter, Its fine with me, it was there choice.

Noo.. Its those people who have no beliefs what so ever, I have reservations about. people who believe in the here and now only. people that believe there is nothing to the universe beyond what we can see.. Those people ..

people who have no moral guidance on any level, that have no set of rules to follow through life on what's acceptable or not, to be honest. I wouldn't feel comfortable around someone who doesn't believe there are consequences to there own actions.. people like that strike me as dangerous.
    What do you guys think ?

And no this is not aimed at athiests, ( for the record ) even athiests have been proven to be of strong mind and moral.. I suppose im aiming this as a specific type of person, rather..

DCEmu Old Pro

I agree People are very very VERY touchy about this topic and if you say a word thats a little off they go nutty on you, im going not to say anything about this topic, ill probably read. Im just saying this topic is going to get a little messy y'know

Religon is a topic I usually don't bring up with friends, as it is a very touchy topic. I've lost friends because they became religious, and I remain not religious.

mmm yes tough subject
    Im pretty well dead opposite though
    to quote my self from an editorial I wrote a few months back

"Only by letting go of Santa-gods hand can you begin to develop a morality based on human
    compassion and understanding. only when you set aside the fear of a supernatural spanking
    can you begin to stand up and become a fully realized, adult human being. Human beings
    must be good to each other because humanity is all there is."

It scares me that some people need to be told how to be a nice person

my parents taught me the basics (both non religious) and as I got older I picked up the rest.
    I obey the laws of man (most of em anyway).
    I`ll hedge my bets.. I wont deny the holy spirit (the only sin the equals no forgiveness) and when I die if there is some white bearded uber daddy looking sternly at me.. then I`ll apologise to him (and also give him a few hints on how he could run the place better) then jump in line to worship someone for eternity!

Hehe, I believe there is a higher power, but no one and only God. To beleive that (this is my belief,) there is a single being creating, watching and controlling all is small minded.
    Expect Bigmace to make an appearance here soon.

Blog Entries

for me the presence of a god is clear. i dont try and do good for fear of punishment i do it for fear of letting him down. he made us with the free will to choice good or evil even though he didnt have to. its the least we can do to be good since a certain someone did die for me and you individually... i am a christian but i am not a baptist or a Methodist or any other ist. there is NO denomination that is wholly correct and therefore i am not a part of any of them officially.

Thumbs up You win a cookie

Quote Originally Posted by hallsguitar View Post
    for me the presence of a god is clear. i dont try and do good for fear of punishment i do it for fear of letting him down. he made us with the free will to choice good or evil even though he didnt have to. its the least we can do to be good since a certain someone did die for me and you individually... i am a christian but i am not a baptist or a Methodist or any other ist. there is NO denomination that is wholly correct and therefore i am not a part of any of them officially.
    I like this guys stance on the issue :thumbup:

Blog Entries

oh my lord!!! finally someone who will openly agree with me!!!

Thumbs up How could I not agree on that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hallsguitar View Post
    oh my lord!!! finally someone who will openly agree with me!!!
    In your short paragraph, you said everything I wanted to say in my entire post, and a few things I wanted to but didnt. :thumbup:

*Here have a box of cookies bro, youve won them all :thumbup:

does someone here, believe in God??

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information