Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer on the slowdown..HELP!

DCEmu Regular

Default Computer on the slowdown..HELP!

My computer is noticeably slowing down, yeah yeah, its not what u think with all this gargabe and htat, cause it wasnt like that before. here's my story.

my computer was one of healthiest in the family and other friends, and i was taking good care of it and as runningn at a speed i am familiar with.

but one day, my sister was on the net, and apprantly she mentioned that something popped-up and she might have clicked on something, and became to wat happened to me.

i experienced that on my sister's account was slower than usual, then went to mine and found the same thing, but that wasnt a bother for me, so i turned it off and rested it.

i went back to my account and found that everything was soo different! my desktop icons have been moved around and my desktop background had dissapeared as well. and one thing i remembered from htis, was i saw the mouse cursor was like on the 'busy' or 'loading' or'waiting' cursor every second, and htat really worried me as i remmebered that.

my account was so messed up, i wasnt able to right click on any folders of mine and it would crash the PC having this 'DrWatson' error come up and so on.

and from their i went to safe mode and did a scanning with Webroot SpySweeper and Lava Ad-Aware, both fully updated from another account, and it did found some stuff.

wen that was all finsied, i went back to starting windows normally, and once i typed my password in, it actually frooze on the loading ur account screen, thus i had to turn off the computer. this made me do soemhting i didnt want to do, but to create a new account and cut & paste everything from my infected account, but took me ages cause mines was a private folder and i had to go back into safe mode to sort it out from there.

once all that done, i have most of my files take into the back up account and deleted the infected on, knowing later i did loose from precious files.

i created a new one again but with my name on it again and moved all the files back into that account's folders.

i setted everything as i wanted it to be, well not everything, cause its not the same again, and i was sure that this would have solved the problem.

but for me to only know that i still found it slower than usual, the CPU usage is alot higher than usual and the PF as well is rising from doing minor things. im sure there couldnt have been that many processes before, and is so, they would have been from spyware and that. i did cleaning again, but nothing was found. at the moment, PF has just risen to 600MB and the CPU usage is bouncing up and down. with 46 processes risen from 41 at the start of logging in.

also, wen my account was infected before, Windows Live Messenger wsa a problem as well, cause wen i signed in, every online contact's window opened to me which was weird, and also once wen i was on Wikipedia, searching and reading a page, it some odd reason alost took control as it was scolling down everytime i want to move or couldnt do anything.

this was a nightmaer for me, and i tried typing down everything i could remember in a rush, so u can ask me anything like if this and that happened to me as well, i will do my best, but this computer is annoying me know, and all because of my sister's whatever.

im afraid with hte bog PF and CPU usage could damage my computer and idont want to go through that, i really have valuable files i it, which i have saved on back up (some) but its not the same wen their on disc. (its just me).

so i would really appreciate it if anyone can help me out here. i tried explaining what i can for now, i dont know wat to do besides getting Kaspersky Anti-Virus?

would really appreciate it if anyone can help me out here.

thanks.

The easiest thing would be to format, reinstall windows and then give your sister a guide on how to use the internet properly to be honest.

or use browser appliance, then its damn near impossible to get a virus/malware/screwed
    Find yourself some ebay spelling mistake bargains!
    Use the power of the TYPING WAND! |Free PSP ISOs to download

Pick of the google street views! Including topless girls

Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii!
    PSP1. Black Jap 1000K: 1.5 -> 2.71SE-A -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B' -> 2.71SE-B''
    PSP2. Black "non worker" from ebay: 2.6 (?) -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    PSP3: Black "Broken UMD Drive" UK 1003 2.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    Do you have a bricked psp?

DCEmu Regular

"or use browser appliance" ?

what did you mean by that?

am i typically screwed?

I use Norton systemworks 2006 to clean up my computer and get rid of internet clutter

PSN ID: splodger15

Dream Coder

Use Opera for web browsing to never experience that problem again. Past that I would reccomend running an antivirus a few times, and going through a boot mode and a safe mode scan(if normal scanning doesn't work) as well as either spybot search and destroy or ad-aware (i've always been partial to ad-aware).

If your'e feeling particularly smart, then I would reccomend downloading HijackThis and doing a search for a web forum that deals with analyzing HijackThis logs (there are many, with lots of helpful people who will tell you step by step what to do as long as you follow their posting rules). This has been, in my experience, THE BEST way to approach that kind of situation, other than of course if you have good backups of all your data and installed programs, then you could just reinstall windows and all your good stuff.

Don't format!! Here is a list of programs I reccoment you install, update and run:

Ad-Aware SE Personal

Go get a registry cleaner (such as Registry Mechanic or maybe even a better one, there are many to choose from and not too many people know about registry cleaners, but they work and they will not corrupt your computer if you're careful, but my computer works great and I have ran about 3 different registry cleaners.) and use a crack/hack to make it so that you can have the software for free.

HijackThis

KillIt (let's you delete any kind of file without access problems of any kind)

AVG Anti-Virus (this is a free virus removal program that is pretty good)

Make sure that up update all of the programs above that can be updated and if you play your cards right with the software above, your computer will run like new.

Protip: Kaspersky is free for 30 days.

DCEmu Regular

ohhh right.

well i already have Lava Ad-Aware SE Professional, and i do update it often, as i alreday mentioned above.

i will try out the Kaspersky, but i doubt it will help much. or will it?

get a registry cleaner, u need 1 badly and crack it open to have for free with a hack... Or just get a serial/key
    Go look up "Software Cracks" on google but, beware, those sites are loaded with malware which is even worse. If you need a program like one of the ones I listed above let me know on AIM.

adam828297 <-----Screenname

Good luck man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information