Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony shifts from hardware to software?

Blog Entries

psp Sony shifts from hardware to software?

Via CVG

With the news of Sony taking yet another hit by way of the recent canning of GT HD, one analyst seems to think that this is the end of Sony as a hardware manufacturer.

"The appointment of Hirai could be the start of a shift from hardware to software," Nomura Securities' Yuta Sakurai told the FT. Putting all his eggs in one basket he went on to say, "I cannot now imagine a PlayStation 4."

Brave words indeed but he says the shift of power at the top is that Kaz Hirai's new global portfolio puts a predominantly software-focused manager in charge of the company.

Don't underestimate the power of the PlayStation people...

DCEmu Newbie

whats the ps4 gonna be an OS that needs the highest min spec poss

i gave an email to wraggster yesterday about it, wonder if he got it......

Since Sony is fundamentally a hardware company, assuming a shift from hardware to software would be a bit bone-headed (there's analysts for you). Instead I presume that Sony are trying to improve life for developers, since from what I hear they're currently having a bit of a hard time on PS3 compared to Xbox 360.

"Don't underestimate the power of the PlayStation people..."

most important line of the article.

I couldnt imagine a PS4

PSN ID: splodger15

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by splodger15 View Post
    I couldnt imagine a PS4
    Why not? Really I take what these analysts say with a grain of salt. One analyst said of the Xbox360 that "a high software attach rate is bad" meaning that 10 games per Xbox360 owner is bad...

Really these people are ****ing retards and if they spent even half of their school time playing games, they'd realize just how dumb their conclusions are.

-Sony would NEVER drop out of hardware, its what they do best.
    -An esteemed member from Sony (Harrison I believe) even mentioned that the PS4 may not use discs (obviously this is conjectural, but nonetheless, indicates that Sony will eventually make a PS4)

These analysts gotta stop flouting their unintelligence, because there are retards that listen and before you know it, stock prices decrease because people believe what these mindless fools write.

DCEmu Newbie

pah this means nothing....i can imagine a hardware giant such as sony switching to software alone.... they have got other divisions.

i read the cvg thingy.... it actually says that the gt hd engine will be utilised in gt5. and gt hd will be available as a concept demo december 24th. just people love kicking someone when there down. and everyone loves to do it to sony.

cant imagine no more sony products...and hard to imagine it happening anytime soon.

Even if Sony switched I never seem to recall Sony making some really just killer software titles. It's all been kinda mediocre.

DCEmu Regular

Sony sucks. That's for sure.

And PS3 will be a complete fail. For sure.

I think that it would be better for them to shift to Software. They're not too good on doing hardware.

PS3 costs too much. Bluray is a failure. Many characteristics are useless. Games are too expensive. The controller isn't revolutionary.

It's the same as a PS2, only with powered-up graphics, and a copied controller from Nintendo.

Wow, nice shot this time, Sony.

- Who talks is a proud owner of PSX, PS2 and PSP, but will NOT be a proud owner of PS3, at least not too soon -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information