Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Action Replay Gamecube - Essential for Gamecube Homebrew on Wii

Blog Entries

Rev Action Replay Gamecube - Essential for Gamecube Homebrew on Wii

With the Discovery that the Wii Plays Gamecube Homebrew Via the SD Load Method, the Action Replay for Gamecube has become a must buy and its also become high priced too, luckily whilst searching sites and ebay etc i spotted that Play Asia sell the Action Replay for Gamecube, heres the info:

Action Replay

features
    Preloaded with over 1,000 powerful codes for the latest and greatest GameCube games
    Includes over 2,500 codes for US and Japanese games
    Totally unauthorised cheat codes that you won’t find anywhere else
    Add replayability to completed games with unique enhancements
    Easy to update with new cheats for new games
    Plug and play card included – no memory card required for storing new codes
    Dedicated support site, updated daily – www.codejunkies.com
    Unrivalled customer support means new cheats are often available on day one of a game’s release
    Play import games from the USA and Japan without modifying your console, using Datel’s revolutionary “FreeLoader” technology
    Intuitive menu system
    Stylish, hi-resolution animated graphics
    Easy to use – no technical or programming knowledge required
    Can also be used with the Nintendo™ Wii (to play GameCube™ import games)

description
    Action Replay is the only cheat code system designed specifically for GameCube. Using Datel’s advanced proprietary technology, the Action Replay cheat code system can unlock even the toughest games quickly and easily, including Super Mario Sunshine, Star Fox Adventures, and Resident Evil. What's more, it will even play import games from any region without affecting your warranty!

Gain infinite health, max ammo and all weapons. Unlock secret characters, hidden levels and bonus games. Access all areas, drive any vehicle, and award yourself wealth beyond your wildest dreams. There’s no limit to the amazing codes that Action Replay can activate!

Straight out of the box you get a GameCube-sized Action Replay disc which contains thousands of preloaded cheat codes for GameCube games (including codes for US and Japanese games). You also receive a piece of hardware which must be inserted into your memory card slot B before the Action Replay CD is loaded. This special card stores any new codes that you input (for example if you buy a new game), letting you build your own customised library of cheats.

Buy Here --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-...1hp-43-1g.html

DCEmu Newbie

how do we play copied gamecube games on the wii then?

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Space21 View Post
    how do we play copied gamecube games on the wii then?
    You don't. You should know that this site is Anti-Piracy.

Cloudy

The newest version of Action Replay has had it's Add Game/Code function removed to prevent this hack from happening, which is a real pain because the one I bought doesn't have Twilight Princess codes on it. And because the Add Game/Code function has been removed, I can't input the codes myself.

Plus, there these custom Sonic Adventure 2 Battle codes I want to put in as well, but I can't. Why did they have to remove it?!

There is a way to update the game and code library on your memory card, but you have to have the Max Drive hardware that allows you to transfer files from your PC to your card. And that's an extra £20.

Maybe Nintendo will finally do something with the USB ports on the back of the Wii, and allow USB memory device compatibility. Plus, they could also make it so that users can transfer files to Gamecube memory cards instead of just to the Wii's internal memory, saving them having to buy the Max Drive.

link to comment about this http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56536
    for lazies:

Quote Originally Posted by acn010 View Post
    What's that got to do with Action Replay? I'm not interested in the GC homebrew. I'm just pissed that I can't input any more game cheats. Although Codejunkies make the codes, there are other people that make custom codes. And if Codejunkies only put their own codes in and disable the adding of additional codes, well...that sucks!

I only posted my comment here because there was no other Action Replay related thread. Yes, I could have made one myself, and in retrospect, I probably should have since this thread is about the GC homebrew thing.

Aaaaaaaanyway, I watched the video you posted and it was both intriguing and hilarious. XD Nintendo are so lazy.

I too have the new action replay - without the ability to add new codes. Does anyone know if its possible to add the codes any other way - to an sd card for example?

Yes I finally made the time to do the instructions but I came accross that very thing from buying the ne Action Replay. No way to input new codes. Or is there?

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

I have Action replay, and I love it, only problem is that there just are not too many gamecube games that fit my style

DCEmu Newbie

Hello I have snes9xgx v2.0 1b8 on my sd card in my gamecube, but:
    1. I cannot play two players.
    2. I cannot save, I have the file snessave in the root directory.
    3. I cannot access the ingame menu, (L+R+Z+B) ends the game and brings me to the sdload menu.
    4. Roms won't load properly although they are displayed properly in the Choose Game option, Load from SD Slot A

Can anyone help me with this please. I have been googling for days trying to get it working properly. The games do work, but without saves and multiplayer, I'd rather use my Slow Dream Cast SNES Emulator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information