Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Running Homebrew and Emulators on the Wii Console Tutorial

DCEmu Rookie

I'll be posting the linky to my howto on how to make your own SD adapter for the gamecube / Wii so keep your eyes on the news forum .

hey folks. first post here, but i have been messing with homebrew for some time now. today i got my AR, SD, and everything i need to play homebrew and emus. i got the sdload to run the very first time after i entered the AR code. I chose one of my roms to play and it errored out. I have been trying to get sdload to run again, however i just get a black screen with scan lines and the Wii freezes. Any ideas or suggestion from all of you experts? thanks very much in advance!

DCEmu Newbie

Hi there...
    Well I have some questions...
    To begin with, can the thing about GameCube ROMs being played get cleared? Is Wii able to play GameCube ROMs or not?
    Also, I've got a USB Hard Disc. Would SDLoad be available to work in my disc
    Finally, where can I find emulators for consoles available to be played in Wii?
    If the GameCube ROMs are truly available, am I able to play an NTSC Game in my PAL console?

Thanks for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon234 View Post
    Hi there...
    To begin with, can the thing about GameCube ROMs being played get cleared? Is Wii able to play GameCube ROMs or not?
    If the GameCube ROMs are truly available, am I able to play an NTSC Game in my PAL console?

Thanks for everything.

Actually, where are the rules? I can't seem to find them.

NOTE: I was referring to where can I find the forum rules, because telling someone "read the forum rules" makes no sense when I can't even find them. LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon234 View Post
    Hi there...

Thanks for everything.
    No talking of ROM's...

...and to your question NO!

and read the forum rules!

DCEmu Newbie

Hi all, i'm new here.

Very interested in getting an Action Replay and Gecko, but can I ask please, Cube? I.e. not the "max" version?

Also - are there any other applications of the SD Boot Loader apart from emulation of NES, SNES, Mega Drive and N64 games?

DCEmu Newbie

I hear that Action Replay does not work with PAL Wiis (i.e. those that are available in the UK), so is there a PAL version of Action Replay?

DCEmu Newbie

Actually, just found that there is a pal version available from:

http://www.mod-gaming.co.uk/

and

http://www.modchipfitters.com/

which includes freeloader. £25

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by scorpei View Post
    I've just made my own (tested it and it works like a charm ). I'll be doing a write-up about how I did it soon (as I couldn't find good info either) you can read it here once I get done with it:
    http://ngc.scorpei.com/
    Thanks scorpei - followed your online guide and works liike a dream on the gamecube.

Unfortunatly I can't get my Action Replay Disk to work on my PAL Wii (I only hae version 1.06 purchased ages ago) I guess I need a newer version of the software - can anyone confirm what version is required for PAL Wii?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Can't enter SDLOAD code

when I enter the SDLOAD code, all 29 lines of it, it says Data is invalid and won't let me save... I checked and re-checed it 4 or so time making sure all the characters were correct. I entered it again, no dice. I entered the first line and it saves, I edit that and enter the second line and it says invalid... any ideas? is my action replay blocking it for some reason? Thanks for any help, please forgive my newbieness.

I got it working. I had to reset the AR through the options menu (as posted on some other sites) and re enter the whole code, partial code gives the invalid data error. so if you have problems, reset the AR, then try again (obviously make sure you have everything entered correctly) entering the WHOLE thing. gluck! and thanks for the guide.

BTW. if anyone is still wondering about opening/closing the lid, those are GC instructions obviously, the eject button on the wii is equivilent to opening the lid and just stick in a new disc and it detects it and "closes the lid" for you. it does work.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information