Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Running Homebrew and Emulators on the Wii Console Tutorial

DCEmu Newbie

Cheers for the tip mate got my ARmax and Gecko
    so i'm all ready for some retro gaming via the wii

I not sure if anyone has brought this to attention yet, but would it be possible, with or without some changes, to use the method posted in the link below, to get a GC backup running in GC mode? It would be one step forward if we were able to do that.

h**p://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/292668

DCEmu Newbie

I know this is going slighty of topic but I have found that there are torrents of Zelda and Red steel could this be the break through developers have been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by ssj View Post
    I know this is going slighty of topic but I have found that there are torrents of Zelda and Red steel could this be the break through developers have been waiting for.
    They have been around for a while, but no i don't think they can actually do anything with the rips

DCEmu Newbie

Default Blank Screen

I have the AR v1.14. I put in the code and formatted the SD card, but when I load it on the Wii, all I get is a black screen with some scan lines and the system becomes totally locked.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any solutions?

DCEmu Newbie

no wii homebrew though

Quote Originally Posted by Knight15 View Post
    I have the AR v1.14. I put in the code and formatted the SD card, but when I load it on the Wii, all I get is a black screen with some scan lines and the system becomes totally locked.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any solutions?
    I have had the same problem with a 16mb Panasonic SD card. Try a different SD Card, maybe a larger one.

I have tried 4 different SD cards, and have tried the load rom from SD card feature and NO DICE. SNES emulation is the only reason I am interested in this SD load concept, and I can't even find the right SD card that will support game loading. Worthless without SNES play, sorry.

Hey,
    Over the weekend I played WII and wow it was fun! Eventhough the sports games were kinda cheesy it was a blast. STrongly thinking about buying one..now I hear you can play roms! Just wondering... the process.I had a few questions.. I would appreciate it if anyone could help.. thanks in advance.

1. Is it possible to run the roms off a cd instead of SD card?
    2. What software can be used to convert roms into .dol extentions?
    3. With the AR codes...it said in the tutorial only need to do it once.... is that true?
    4. Just to clarify whats the max SD card that can be used?

thanks so much in advance
    Jim

DCEmu Newbie

How do we play Gamecube Back-ups on the wii then??? Sd Load method??? How it works to play gamecube backups on wii??? plz anser

THX

Just got my Gecko in the mail and started setting everything up with my AR. I triple checked to make sure everything was right, but when i try to load it all. I get is a black screen with a bunch of white wavy lines and I have to turn my Wii off then back on. Anyone know how to fix it?

EDIT: Got it working. I went to check the codes I entered for M and they were all blank. Reentered, and it works fine.

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information