Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Running Homebrew and Emulators on the Wii Console Tutorial

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by debozz View Post
    Wii PAL (uk)
    Got the Gecko + SD card 2gb.
    Then bought an AR max for GC.
    Wii said 'Unable to read disk'
    So then bought a AR GC 'wii compatible' sticker on it.
    This time it loads up BUT there is NO ADD NEW GAME option in the menu's

So I do not know why the AR MAX GC disk didnt work but codejunkies said it was incompatible?

What version of AR have ppl been using here?

I thought all GC stuff would work on the Wii.

I think they know about the SD method so they have now taken off the ability to ADD NEW GAME as they are selling there own SD Load method called SD Media Launcher (for homebrew) for £29.99.
    Same happend to me.
    Figured out a way to load the AR MAX GC disk.
    Select Free Loader from the Wii compatible AR. When it prompts to insert a new disc insert the AR MAX GC disk.
    Now you can proceed, adding codes with the AR MAX GC disk.

------ Edit ----

After inputting the code and try to load the from the SD, the screen goes black and the system gets locked.
    Don't know if other people experience the same problems.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi
    You can convert the .exe emulators to .dol using the "inject" method and load into SD card as you did the games.
    When you click on the .dol emulator (in my case only nes emulator) i get a green screen that goes pink.
    When i play a nes game and press the Z button on my GC controller i get a sub menu for the emulator---which shows you what is active in emulator---by the way the emulator i use is Fceu.dol--i have been told by another gamer that he has emulators that work on SD cards and am waiting for them to arrive--i will let you know if they work.
    Also i have several more games than 10 on my SD card and it loads fast ----i am now building a separate SD card for SNES and Genesis and one card for all platforms and all emulators.

the question im sure everybodey wanna know-what about the n64????!!!!!

Yea N64!!!! Come On Guys I Gotta Start Up That Sweeeet Sweeeet Zelda Master Quest!!!!!???? Anyone Know?

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone even found out which action replay works? I've bought 3 of them and they either can't add codes or don't work on the Wii. I'm starting to believe that this sdload is a hoax.

DCEmu Newbie

Okay i found a AR 1.14 but now i can't enter in the last two lines for some reason they say the code is invalid? I'm confused which AR works with the Wii?

I have AR 1.14A and mine works fine. Go through and re-enter all the codes starting with the M code. Make sure that you enter them about 3 at a time to be sure you enter each one correctly.

DCEmu Newbie

I have a question:

I started the Snes9xGx emulator on my Wii with WiiKey. I added some roms on their setup disc and can play the real old classic games. But now I want to save. Can I save as well on normal GameCube memory cards? Do I have to format them?

Addendum:
    Yes, it's possible to save it on the original GameCube Memory Cards. Of course there should be enough space free... *blush*

do you have to order this ? is there anyway to do this without ordering?

Default n00b boots

Here's the story. I'm an animator and very amateur game dev looking at buying and developing for the wii. I've never done console games before and I figured this would be a great place to start. Before I sink all the money into this, however, I have a few questions.

1) Does this SD Media loader actually work [well]?

2) Is there any way to develop a wii game and not resort to GameCube mode?

3) What format does the developed game need to be in and how do I make it? I'm used to making simple flash games and more complicated Mac games which I burn to an ISO to try it on different configurations. Is there any program I can use after I finish a game to get the right format? Is there any way to convert some of my older projects to work in gamecube mode?

I know that last one was more than one question) Am I limited to using SD media for home brew projects? I made a graphically intensive game (mostly cut scenes) once that amounted to 3.1GB. Is my only option to cut code, make multi-part games, or install a mod-chip (that would make me feel dirty... I don't want to defile my new Wii)?

Whatever #) Which method is better, Action Replay or SD Media Reader? What's the difference?

5?) Is there any way to use an external hard drive for larger files with the Wii? I don't expect there to be, but I thought I'd ask.

6) Is there any way to save my games onto my Wii's internal memory (SD media isn't cheap)?

Finally) Can anyone point me to a detailed guide on how to program a game for use with the Wii Remote?

Thank you all. This place is a great, welcoming resource and I truly believe I can learn a lot from you. Any help is appreciated.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information