Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants SEGA to come back?

I think rather than a new SEGA console, it would be successful and hella cool if SEGA teamed up specifically with Nintendo. Of course that has happened to an extent (Segas software via game discs and now virtual console also) but I think sega has more in common with nintendo than any of these other guys. Id like to see Sega become second party.

DCEmu Regular

well, seeing htat Nintendo and SEGA were rivals, i find it very hard to see them two joining forces, as they will be owned by Nintendo and not SEGA having any freedom, thus i didnt really like that.

Sega must come back and i am trying to find a way how.

maybe a Petition perhaps?

anyone?

Petitions don't work, I saw a lot of them. It's impossible to get 10.000 guys/girls to sign a petition in 6-8 months.

DCEmu Regular

well, is htat why it wont work?

or you just saying they dont work at all?

Yes. I remember a famous petition for Shenmue 3 on Dreamcast. It got more than 15.000 but it idn't work

the gd room format still has potential. the dc hardware failed it not vice versa. i believe better security will fi9x that. but are u saying naomi has released blank GDs for us to purchase?

if sega teamed with nin i would not support it i would fight sega. i do not want to see a puppet corperation from sega i want the real deal. if they are serious and in a mood to stand ALONE and dominate i will support it without resistance. As for the virtual games thats not true emulation. unless there is an actual socket or adaptor super gameboy esque its not legit.

again TB wat is with the name "teressa"?

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Excuse me, but GD's have a big size.
    In the Wii Virtual Console there are not GameCube games. Why? because these games have a big size.
    And I was not talking about GD's as the format for the next Sega console, only compatible. Like the Wii, you can put the GameCube discs.
    Remember how easy it was to make copies of GD's? I doubt Sega would want their new console to play them because of that.

GD's are a great format, but had lacked any security, which in my reasoning, would mean Sega can't go back and implement a good security function to prevent pirated/copied games from playing. Gamecube had a similar problem with their mini DVDs.

And MrTeressaBond, the idea of GC disks spinning backwards was a rumor. They spin like normal and you can use regular (but good quality) mini DVD-Rs (and some regular DVD-Rs as well) to load homebrew code.

how the hell can u use DVDs with the DC? Does that not make the DC a DVD player? and how much more room do DVDs offer for say a large h-bru? and the issue wasnt the GD rom it was the DC PLAYING MEDIA IN WAYS IT SHOULD NOT HAVE at all. if they had tried harder the gd roms could also get boosted security.

sega dreamcast 2

i would definitly buy it

i wish sega got back into the consol race we need something new....

Quote Originally Posted by ßüboni¢ $oñic View Post
    how the hell can u use DVDs with the DC? Does that not make the DC a DVD player? and how much more room do DVDs offer for say a large h-bru? and the issue wasnt the GD rom it was the DC PLAYING MEDIA IN WAYS IT SHOULD NOT HAVE at all. if they had tried harder the gd roms could also get boosted security.

He didnt say the DC accepted DVD's, he was refering to the Gamecube which took the longest to pirate (of the last generation consoles) due to the fact that it used mini DVD's which are a little bit hard to find and are sort of expensive. It can read normal DVD-r's but it requires that you modify (pay for) the case and of course buy a modchip.

To the guy that says its easy to pirate GD-roms... i promise you have never backed up a DC game before. Actually it was the dreamcast's support of homebrew code that allowed for its discs to be pirated. I've never actually done it, but i suspect it takes either coder cables or a bba and a program to rip the content off of a gd rom. It took a similar meathod to rip GC mini dvd's though it was done by means of an exploit found in the commercial game Phantasy Star Online. If that game was never released or the exploit not found, we probably we have only fairly recently had pirated GC content.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information