Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii is a "sub-element" of PS3 says Sony

Blog Entries

ps3 Wii is a "sub-element" of PS3 says Sony

Via CVG

Wii is a core gaming device while PS3 is a broader entertainment solution says Sony

14 CommentsSony's general manager for Australia and New Zealand has had enough of the negative PS3 press: "The Wii-type functionality is more just a sub-element of what the PlayStation 3 offers," he told the Sydney Morning Herald.

"Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PSP", he added.

Wii launches across Europe this Friday.

It's a more fun
    Looks like someone is getting fired.

yea that was pretty stupid to say.

stupid but true

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

The Wii-type functionality is more just a sub-element of what the PlayStation 3 offers

that statement is completely backwards

DCEmu Rookie

Depends how you class fun. For me games like Gears of War and Resistance are what i call fun and once the single player campaign is over there's still unlimited playability online, Wii sports for example is entertaining for a short while then the novelty wears off. Take away the controller and they're just very simple games with simple gameplay.. just like retro games, great for a short period of time then they get put away. The challenge for Nintendo and third party devs is to create Wii games with longevity, aside from Zelda the launch lineup is poor.

The Sony guy is right in that the Wii is purely a gaming machine so it offers a part of what funtionality the PS3 and 360 offer. Whether the Wii is more fun is open to personal opinion.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
    Looks like someone is getting fired.
    I doubt that, aint nothing wrong with giving your opponents the "commendation" if it appears that they aint exactly in competition with them and Sony surpases then imo anyway.

and Xbox 360 is just an Videoplayback addon.
    Whatever Sony must be really frustraided to
    say such things.

im sorry but ninty "wii" is pathetic

Unhappy People are being unfairly harsh on Ps3

I sort of feel pity for sony because Ps3 is such a good machine. I think I might end up buying one in the end (maily for the blue ray functionality), but by the time it becomes widely available I fear Wii and Xbox360 will probably be well ahead.

Ok so Ps3 isn't as much fun as Wii... So what? Who cares about having tons of fun when you can watch HD at home for only 600US dollars? At least you can play blue ray which surely is the whole point of playing videogames.

Surely, next generation gaming is about playing all the same games that we all know but with improved graphics? Who wants more immersive, intuitive and fun games for such an accessible cost?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information