Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: gpSP0.8 kai 2.5 - GBA Emulator for the PSP

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    Zelda - Minish Cap fully works now
    YES!!! Awesome news... I bet that whatever fixed it in this release could be implemented into the next "official" release.

Oh, Scurge - The Hive looks like a great GBA game but it doesn't work on the currentgpSP. Neither the USA or EUROPE release.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    Zelda - Minish Cap fully works now
    What are these strange rumors?

[soapbox]
    It would be my "emulation" Christmas wish that DCEmu would stop supporting these half ass releases and wait for the real thing.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong here, preferably Exophase, but it seems to me stuff like this is more annoying to deal with then helpful? In my opinion releases like this are no worse then the noobs and idiots whom constantly ask about "when the next real version will be out?". And we know those types of comments are usually frowned upon. So really what makes this any better for the author to have to deal with?

So, at least for me, I will continue to wait for a real release that is quality. I will not support another coder whom doesn't abide by the guidelines the original coder would like to see followed. This version of gpSP will never touch my memory sticks. :P

[/soapbox]

DCEmu Regular

This release plays Hachiemon without crashing, Exophase's last release doesn't. Therefore, this release is automatically better.

DCEmu Coder

Yes, I clearly don't like these releases that much. Unfortunately gpSP is GPL and people can release them whether I like it or not. I plainly asked in the FAQ for people not to do this, but when the forkers barely understand English (or don't at all) I guess there isn't much that can be done to deter them and get them to communicate with me more directly.

DCEmu Regular

Why did you make your emulator open source in the first place if you didn't want other people working on it?

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    Why did you make your emulator open source in the first place if you didn't want other people working on it?
    I made it open source so people would be able to learn from it, report patches/suggestions to me, port it, and most importantly, so that if I stop working on it it won't die.

Not so people can compete with me in releasing it. That's just troublesome in a number of ways. I doubt you'll see the bigger picture though, since he happened to get lucky and make it play some obscure Japanese game that will most likely work in my next version anyway.

Maybe you don't know much about open source ettiquette, but it's very disrespectful to fork something without trying to work with the official releases.

Try to understand how it feels for me when I spend several hours debugging and implementing things, only to have someone reproduce some small fraction of my work and release it for me. Or, when they say they fix whatever, but don't document what they actually did, so I have to dig through diffs and try to determine what are real fixes, what they changed that they THOUGHT they were fixing, and what they're fixing with an incorrect implementation (basically potentially breaking something else at the same time). If they would have sent me an e-mail saying "I think your emulator is doing this wrong" then they could have left it to me to fix it the correct way.

Not to mention, I'm tired of everyone constantly asking me why I quit working on it (because afterall, someone else working on it implies that), tired of everyone asking me which version to use, and tired of all the half implemented/hacked features (like the cheat system in this release)

If you read where the FAQ talks about this you probably wouldn't have had to even ask.

DCEmu Coder

BTW, this talk about Zelda working sounds like nonsense, there are three fixes that Zelda needs, and I didn't see a single one of them in this source. The last one is something that could never be fixed easily, btw. You could wait for years and I doubt he'd come up with the correct solution.

If it gets past the second bug it's luck, nothing more, same reason 0.7 got past it. Not an actual fix, and it'll still be glitched up there, just different EBOOT = different behavior when it comes to bad memory reads.

DCEmu Newbie

so which one do i download cause i have v2.80, i used the gpSP_kai_25_15.zip and put the bios in it, i load roms they work fine if they smaller then 16mb still. i cant get pokemon or mario and luigi superstar saga working, is there something iam doing wrong?

You guys need a human translator to talk to each other. What language does kai speak and can anyone translate for Exophase so he can sort some stuff out with kai?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information