Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: gpSP0.8 kai 2.5 - GBA Emulator for the PSP

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    All I'm saying is you come across as very whiny and arrogant when you complain about the way he handles certain things in the emulator. Even if you can't set up a way to communicate with him about these issues then you don't have to be a jerk about it.
    Hm, but are you sure you understand the things I'm "whining" about? It's easy to say it comes off as arrogant that I'm saying he's doing certain things incorrectly if you can't confirm it for yourself. Sure, it works in some cases, but it could hurt things in other cases. You can say whatever you want about someone's involvement, but nothing will change the fact that making core modifications to a project is best left to people who completely understand every aspect of that project.

You know, as a rule of thumb I think if you can't respect someone (or aren't paying them) then you really have no business using their software. I'm just saying, I'm not developing anything for my own gratification but for individuals like yourself and that's it.. I'm not really flaming him for being critical of how my project is handled, but you are actually flaming me, and you'll probably continue using what's a majority my work. Or maybe you think Takka did most of the work in the binaries he releases?

DCEmu Regular

I'm not flaming you, you just come across as a jerk in most of your posts I've read. You remind me of that Jimmy Fallon IT character on SNL.

Wow, Spaceman, I can't belive you're saying this $#@!e.

Exophase coded this emulator from scratch. He didn't get paid for it. He gave the psp community fullspeed GBA emulation for free, something which many would have gladly paid for. He released the source code in order to protect OUR interests even though it could've, and did, have some frustrating effects for himself.

And then he makes some very reasonable criticisms, and expresses some very reasonable frustration in seeing how his requests regarding HIS WORK are being ignored.

And yet you somehow justify some very unreasonable, uninformed criticisms of Exophase, while you happily play fullspeed GBA on your psp.

Who's the jerk here?

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    Making source code available on request introduces a tremendous amount of additional work and hardly lets people casually view it, nor does it take care of what happens if I die tomorrow.
    dont say that, not even in example!

id like to say thanks exophase, because the state of your last release far surpasses, anything this coder will ever acomplish.

Good luck with the next release!

exophase love your emulator and understand why you saying what your saying and I dont ever download unofficial "work"but my impatient ass had to try this because im dying to finally beat zelda minish cap and I have to say i got past the part with the goron and dont know if something was suppose to happen because one spot the goron is there and then next its gone, maybe whatever he did avoided it instead of fixing it but did get past the hang part but cant wait for 0.9 though thank you for your hard work and if there is something that has been past instead of fixed Im sure you will point it out.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by felonyr301 View Post
    exophase love your emulator and understand why you saying what your saying and I dont ever download unofficial "work"but my impatient ass had to try this because im dying to finally beat zelda minish cap and I have to say i got past the part with the goron and dont know if something was suppose to happen because one spot the goron is there and then next its gone, maybe whatever he did avoided it instead of fixing it but did get past the hang part but cant wait for 0.9 though thank you for your hard work and if there is something that has been past instead of fixed Im sure you will point it out.
    Like I said, he didn't do anything for that. It's just luck. Unfortunately, there's a part in the final dungeon that will most likely crash for you.

DCEmu Newbie

i got KH:Chain of Memories(U) working just by loading the UNZIPPED game. It doesnt work for me if it is in a zipped or rar file. Of course there are some graphical errors during the cutscenes but everything else is pretty much flawless.

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    Making source code available on request introduces a tremendous amount of additional work and hardly lets people casually view it, nor does it take care of what happens if I die tomorrow.
    Oh gosh... Don't even joke about that man.

Exophase makes a good point in saying that unless people fully understand fully why he is critical of the way this release was coded or "forked" then you can't really understand his mindset.

The code that makes up gpSP must be extremely
    complex, making it very easy to break something while attempting to fix something else. If not coded & implemented the right way then it will cause more harm than good in the long run.

Exophase obviously knows his $#@!! And he doesn't post some vague criticism. He backs his opinions up with technical facts about the code and workings of his emulator and GBA emulation. And if he comes across as a jerk to some, owell. For the very reason some might consider him a jerk, he will be respected for being strong minded and not backing down when it comes to his wishes regarding his project.

Angry Wtf !?!

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    I'm not flaming you, you just come across as a jerk in most of your posts I've read. You remind me of that Jimmy Fallon IT character on SNL.

Dude, STFU and get the hell out of this site. I gotta say this is absolutley rediculous. Who are you to speak to an elite scene coder like that? It's unappreciative scumbags like you who drive off our top coders, and kill the homebrew scene. /your probably some snot nosed 12 year old who can barley figure out how to load a rom, (let alone code an emulator) Your in this thread getting rude and spamming at the same time. I've reported your bad posts. Don't come around here again until you smarten up.

Exophase- I apoligise for this idiot. Please don't let a few morons like this ruin it for everybody. Thank you for all your hard work. The scene could never repay you.

DCEmu Newbie

I agree with you Mr. Shizzy but theres no reason to insult him o.o but yeah keep up the good work Exophase

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information