Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony Release PSP Firmware v3.02: working on devhook 51 CONFIRMED

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Weird mines doe'snt work !!!

I had strange issues with 3.01 yesterday. It turned out that switching on certain features of devhook on the first run of devhook (No-UMD specifically) would stop certain things from working.
    I had to clean install it all, run devhook, exit, start devhook, switch on no-umd for it to all work nicely.

I dunno if that helps you any in this situation...might be a similar scenario though

also, did you unflash the old version before installing/flashing the new?

the 3.02 eboot is now up on the japanese psp site

DCEmu Newbie

Man, the homebrew scene is really taking off....i'm having a hard time keeping up...its all for the best tho....the faster the better. Good job to all the Dev's

PSP User

rofl :rofl: sony got pwnt they never even thought to change encryption codes. Woop hope the final fantasy demo will be playable when its out:thumbup:

Hmmm... It wouldn't surpise me if there was a time bomb hidden in that 3.02 eboot... just sitting there... ticking away... just waiting... waiting... and more waiting... then kaboom !!! lol. I'll just wait a month or so to see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ultimate_Eggman View Post
    Yes m8 worked fine with 3.01 gonna try the 3.01 reboot bin in 3.02 see if it work unless someone else wants to try it and report back....i found the folder still needs to be called 301 in devhook.Im not aware exactly what has been changed and new features added if any tBH i think it is just security fixes related to the PS3.
    Not sure whats causing your problems, My 3.02 emulation runs without error, both when returning from playing a UMD game, and the Devhook exit feature works just as fine as it did before. It may have something to do with flash1. Maybe? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause problems like that...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by System2012 View Post
    Hmmm... It wouldn't surpise me if there was a time bomb hidden in that 3.02 eboot... just sitting there... ticking away... just waiting... waiting... and more waiting... then kaboom !!! lol. I'll just wait a month or so to see what happens...
    No responsible company would do that. I think they learned their lesson with the rootkit fiasco. Then again it is Sony we're talking about...

Oh and I too have problems with DevHook when exiting a game. I'm only using .50 at the moment as I haven't had time to upgrade. But it pretty much locks up after each one. It usually shuts my PSP off after 10 seconds or so but something it just stays hosed and I have to pop the battery out.

Sony is not stupid...there may be something there in 3.02 lurking around. Maybe a timebomb for us homebrewers? Time will tell.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information