Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: [OLD] PS3 Sixaxis Controller Can Be Used In Windows!

Sorry, mate... No luck here... Maybe I need to think it over a bit more before trying again. Might just have overlooked something...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by WM5SMQ View Post
    I HAVE NOT TRIED BUT CAN YOU USE IT AS A pc MOUSE
    If you get GlovePIE it works as a mouse, you have to program it yourself, though...

DCEmu Newbie

Okay, this is a unique problem. I promise In searching all 21 pages of this thread, I haven't seen an answer, or even a similar problem.

Let me start by saying that I've gotten this to work in the past. I've used my sixaxis controller on my laptop (Windows XP, SP2) and have played games with it.

Since then, I bought a new desktop (Vista Home Premium). I followed the steps exactly the same way as when I installed it on my laptop. I have libusb 1.10.1 installed, but the problem is my computer doesn't recognize it as a HID-compliant device.

As you can see, it just shows up as an "Other Device". It also constantly prompts me for drivers. Does anyone know if this is just a problem in Vista?

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone figured out how to change the button configuration?

In the videos on youtube that the lights are still flashing when they are playing games.

Anyway, I'm having the same problem as everyone else who can't get it to work after dling files and installing them. It shows up and says that the device is functioning properly. Status>OK. BUt it's actually not. Don't worry guys. Someone will solve this for us folks who can't make it happen. Have faith. Somehting tells me that it will not be Sony.

DCEmu Newbie

Hah! I just fixed my own problem! In case anyone has the same thing I did I will post what I did. After it doesn't find the driver software, I clicked, "I don't have the disk, show me other options." Then, I clicked "Browse my computer for software", then set the path to C:\Windows\System32 and checked "Include Subfolders". It finds the driver eventually.

Default Yeah!

Ok so i had the SAME problems that everyone else had- read every freaking post and did what each one suggested- none worked. But the one did below! So if its not working- sees it, but the test screen doesnt do a damned thing for you- do what the guy says below. Made mine work! Thanks dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Zalibidas View Post
    1. Download the files, and use the "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1" file. Follow the instructions until its installed.
    2. Plug in the PS3 controller.
    3. Open control panel, then game controllers. Make sure its on there. You should notice the PS3 controller is doing nothing right now. Open properties for the controller to enter the test screen, and leave it there.
    4. Run "ps3sixaxis_en". It SHOULD open and close. Now go back to the screen where the controller test is and hit the PS button a few times. Button 17 should light up. If it does, congrats, your controller is working.

This is what I did to make it work. I don't do this now cause its much more simple to do now that I know how.

Once you get it going, every time you plug it in, just run ps3sixaxis_en and hit the ps button.

Hope that helped, and good luck getting it to work.

DCEmu Newbie

Hello. I got a PS3 not too long ago so I thought I'd to use it with my computer. However, after following the steps by which I means getting libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1 and ps3sixaxis_en. But when I try to run the USB filter thing I get an error message saying "Access violation at address 00309362. Write of address 00401000." Can anyone help me out and tell me how I can get the USB thing installed?

DCEmu Newbie

hey does this work for 64bit vista ? c'mon guys..

DCEmu Newbie

I was having trouble too- with the first PS3 Driver listed ( libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1). I never did get that one to work. However, the alternate Korean version on page 2 works perfectly. That may be the the solution for those who, like me, did not have success with LibUSB win32.

Try this Driver download: http://ipvideo.512j.com/bbs/bmb/atta...64&article=217

Thread Information