Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: [OLD] PS3 Sixaxis Controller Can Be Used In Windows!

Well I made an account just to post here. It was working for my computer pre-f*ck-up (pre-f*ck-up is the stage in my computer life where I foolishly installed Ubuntu as another operating system then tried to get rid of it, ended up having to format my hard drive [windows was crashing on attempted start up,]) so I tried to get this to work just a minute ago, followed the instructions, etc., etc.. Windows (forgot to mention: Vista 32-bit, service pack 1) wasn't even making its usual beeps; tried to restart the computer, there is where it gets "fun", keyboard and mouse didn't work and the computer crashed within 15 seconds of windows log on. Had to grab the Ol' PS/2 keyboard and mouse, boot into safe mode, and delete lib-usb. Everything is working fine now, except the controller, back at square one. Any help?

I think I'm going to go with an earlier person's idea. Permanently borrow an Xbox controller from a "friend".

DCEmu Newbie

Default PS3 Sixaxis Controller Can Be Used In Windows!

Hey, first time poster.
    for hockey2112: I've been using the USB. I don't know if the Bluetooth connection would work. But I will try it sometime.

Anyway, I also had a little bit of trouble while trying to install the controller and quickly made a tutorial for others.

Zip version: http://fileho.com/download/481e59901...orial.zip.html
    Tar version:
    http://fileho.com/download/373b5a502...orial.tar.html

I got the original program from the Japanese site posted earlier. And it works great. My email is [email protected] if anyone has problems with the quick tutorial.

Hey I just registered to post and say this is awesome.
    Worked first time with me, and I'm playing through Super Mario Bros 3 again with it.
    Only problem is I can't get it to work good with GTA3. the analogue sticks work to control the player, but none of the other button work :/.
    Still, thanks so much

If I set my PS3 controller up with my computer, will it still be paired with my PS3?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ShoppingA1 View Post
    Hey, first time poster.
    for hockey2112: I've been using the USB. I don't know if the Bluetooth connection would work. But I will try it sometime.

Anyway, I also had a little bit of trouble while trying to install the controller and quickly made a tutorial for others.

Zip version: http://fileho.com/download/481e59901...orial.zip.html
    Tar version:
    http://fileho.com/download/373b5a502...orial.tar.html

I got the original program from the Japanese site posted earlier. And it works great. My email is [email protected] if anyone has problems with the quick tutorial.
    I get an URL not found when i try to download your guides. has the domain recently closed?

DCEmu Newbie

now can work in windows7, refer to http://www.motioninjoy.com/blog/show/5
    Last edited by ACXIE; May 3rd, 2009 at 08:39.

DCEmu Newbie

does this only work on vista

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iSupes View Post
    K, had the same problem, and this is what I did:
    Plug the controller in, press PS button let Windows recognize it, etc.
    Goto Device Manager and locate the controller under Human Interface Devices (I think), right click and uninstall.
    Run the ps3 sixaxis util provided in this thread
    In device manager right click on your computer name and click on scan for changes

This should pick up the controller again and you should be able to use the buttons
    (well this worked for me anyway)
    This worked perfect for me.

DCEmu Newbie

I am afraid that I must deem this driver completely and utterly useless to the fullest extent of it's massively failed capabilities.

Followed the instructions and have received as much response from the controller as I did when I tried plugging it in without a driver. Oh wait, that's right, that means none! And if I am getting no response, then this driver doesn't work... AT ALL.

So yeah, how in the bloody frelling hell do I get this god forsaken thing to work?

Thread Information