Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: [OLD] PS3 Sixaxis Controller Can Be Used In Windows!

DCEmu Newbie

The Solution to this problem is
    or search up Use PS3 controller on PC Tutorial (REVISED) "new drivers released rumble support added"

Obviously I havn't read through all of this thread (52 pages) to see if anyone else was having this issue, but I think I can safely assume its widespread.

The dead zone on these controllers do not work for racing games. I've now tried a number of games with a number of controllers, and they always veer left, or right, or change between the two, when there is no input on the analogue sticks.

In your "Control panel - game controllers - properties - settings - calibrate" You can see (even after calibration) that the deadzone for each axis jumps from 49% to 51%.

In FPS games, this could be frustrating, but in RACING games, its the difference between winning, or getting pasted. I've searched on the net for ages now, and there is no fix for this, which is an incredible shame, because these controllers would be perfect for racing (in theory).

Also, the triggers are recognized as buttons. This means that no matter how much pressure is applied to the triggers, they will only register as "ON" or "OFF". Not sure if this is just XP not being able to assign another axis or two, but again, its incredibly frustrating.

Sad to say as it is, I almost don't see the point in trying to use these as controllers for PC games. When you are not moving either analogue stick, your computer will always think your gently nudging it it one direction or the other, all the time. I am yet to see any exceptions to this.

NOTE: This happens both with this release, and the newer dual shock three drivers. The controller is the issue, so I cannot see the sixaxis ever being an option for PC gaming.
    Last edited by jensy; January 27th, 2009 at 08:07.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by solracarevir View Post
    Just wanted to let you know I got this working on Windows 7 Beta

Works Fine, the only difference I noticed is that on my system all 4 lights keep blinking even while the controller works (windows receive the controller input )

HEY I ALSO HAVE WINDOWS 7 BETA BUT I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET IT TO CHARGE MY SIXAXIS CAN YOU HELP ME BY TELLING ME HOW U DID IT PLS THNX

I try to unrar the file, but it says it is corrupted.
    Any solutions?
    I had it working before, but Windows was killed by a virus and I can't seem to get it goign again.

I've now added an alternative zip package to the first post in case anyone has issues with the RAR file (not that I've come across any myself though)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Wojjie View Post
    Ahhh, finally!

I managed to get the PS3 controller working. It was a bit tricky, but this is what I did:

I originally installed a different version of libusb than the suggested one: 0.1.10.1

Each time I would uninstall and reinstall, it would keep the newer drivers. So what I ended up doing is:

1. uninstalling libusb
    2. manually deleting the following files:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\libusb0.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\libusb0.sys

3. installing libusb 0.1.10.1 from here.
    4. let the test application run after installation, and make sure the DLL and Driver Version is 0.1.10.1
    5. Plug in your PS3 controller
    6. Run the ps3sixaxis_en.exe program
    7. Press the PS3 button on the controller.
    8. Repeat step 6-7 till the ps3sixaxis_en.exe says "found PLAYSTATION(R)3 SIXAXIS controller", at which point the controller should work in Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller -> Test

Hope this helps those that are banging their heads like I was!

thankyou so much! i spent hours trying to figure out how to use the ps3 controller with vista!

DCEmu Newbie

WHY doesnt it work for me?
    I've tried 3 different sites to download the drivers but it always says that the .rar file is corrupt and or unfinished

HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Wojjie View Post
    Ahhh, finally!

I managed to get the PS3 controller working. It was a bit tricky, but this is what I did:

I originally installed a different version of libusb than the suggested one: 0.1.10.1

Each time I would uninstall and reinstall, it would keep the newer drivers. So what I ended up doing is:

1. uninstalling libusb
    2. manually deleting the following files:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\libusb0.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\libusb0.sys

3. installing libusb 0.1.10.1 from here.
    4. let the test application run after installation, and make sure the DLL and Driver Version is 0.1.10.1
    5. Plug in your PS3 controller
    6. Run the ps3sixaxis_en.exe program
    7. Press the PS3 button on the controller.
    8. Repeat step 6-7 till the ps3sixaxis_en.exe says "found PLAYSTATION(R)3 SIXAXIS controller", at which point the controller should work in Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller -> Test

Hope this helps those that are banging their heads like I was!

TY for this i was tryin for ages but it wrks fine now

DCEmu Newbie

~~~!~~!! - DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS IT'S A VIRUS

I installed this on my laptop HOPEING it would install a sixaxis driver, but instead it uninstalled ALL of my drivers!
    I couldn't even plug-and-play or use the keypad!
    Fuk this guy, the only button that worked was the power button. I had to restore my system.

DCEmu Newbie

Hm, it's not working well in GTA San Andreas on PC. I've tried but when I try to walk forward, it makes me go left. Backwards is right, left is up, right is down. Wtf? Same thing for the camera movements(Basically I'm talking about the sticks). Anyway to fix that?

Thread Information