Thread: Smackdown returns, do the load times still suck?

Blog Entries

psp Smackdown returns, do the load times still suck?

via pspfanboy

Smackdown is out today. I was originally going to do a Metareview for this game, but I decided: why not focus on the one crucial flaw of last year's game? The load times. As you may remember, WWE SmackDown! 2006 got smacked down by the gaming community by having quite possibly the worst load times of any game in recent memory. Is this year's iteration of the popular wrestling franchise any better? Let's find out:

Gamespot (79/100) - "Load times are still a big issue, as well, though not quite as humongous an issue as they were last year. Prematch load times are still long and annoying, especially when you have entrances set to on; menu transitions, especially in season mode, take longer than they ought to; and creating a wrestler can still be a time-consuming process, thanks to the loading. Again, Yuke's did improve this aspect somewhat this year, but load times continue to get in the way of the game."
    Games Radar (80/100) - "The developers remembered this, too; they made a focused effort to drastically reduce loading. And it worked: the loads aren't lightning quick, but they are far faster, now measuring in double-digit seconds instead of minutes."
    GameZone (85/100) - "On to the bad news, the game suffers from heavy lag that just doesn't pertain to the Ad Hoc multiplayer mode but throughout the single-player mode as well. This, of course, is a major annoyance that often leads to missed punches or choke slams. Secondly, the long load times are back, although - on a lighter note -they're not as frequent as the first game."

DCEmu Newbie

my cousin has a ps2 and this game took 3 minutes to start!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dgila View Post
    my cousin has a ps2 and this game took 3 minutes to start!!!
    on PS2?

i bought smackdown 2006 a month ago
    played a season now im bored cuz it took weeks to load
    i wonder should i buy 2007

wow, another game i hate!

I've tried smackdown VS Raw 2006 on psp, but it wont work, so gonna get 07 on psp also

But i am gonna get it for PS2 also

This is game its kind of good, if you actually wanna wait double digits minutes for a game to load

DCEmu Newbie

I know the load times for the old smackdown vs. raw was bad but, did any of you play beatdown fist of vengence for the PS2. Now that game had the worst loading in all of gaming history. For example, you enter a building = loading, you walk a block = loading, and etc. = loading.

Thread Information