Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once homebrew on the wii is fully realized

Question Once homebrew on the wii is fully realized

Do you think someone could make a decent psx emu given the systems limitations ?

if i read right somewhere the wii is just short of being as porweful as the original x-box.

im sure they could, i was just throwing the idea out there basicly.

Oh another question id like answered. could there possibly be a homebrew solution, to allow the wii to play a razafracken dvd......

Dream Coder

I'm sure that the wii is powerfull enough to emulate PSX fine. Remember. DC did it

ffs i thought it would be at least a lil bit more powerful considering the xbox 360 is like million times more potential as its predecessor, same goes for the ps3 i presume...

Smile Yuppers

@ quzar, yeah i remember the psx emu for the dc, bleem how could i have forgotten it's legend

@ CORF1GHT3R yeah, the wii isnt a power house.
    But believe me, your not even thinking about what few shortcomeings it has when your playing it

I honestly believe that this time nintendo has a chance to make it back to the top

Dream Coder

As for the DVD thing, I'm sure that'll be one of the first homebrew things done with discs, as that is a major shortcoming (in my opinion). Since it has a disc drive it should be able to play CDs, DVDs, SACDs, and DVD-As. VCD and SVCD wouldn't hurt either =P.

Question Exactly my thoughts bro,

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    As for the DVD thing, I'm sure that'll be one of the first homebrew things done with discs, as that is a major shortcoming (in my opinion). Since it has a disc drive it should be able to play CDs, DVDs, SACDs, and DVD-As. VCD and SVCD wouldn't hurt either =P.
    The only reason i can figure the wii doesnt play them is nintendo felt that inappropriate video discs can slip by a parent's raydar more esily then inappropriate game content

Oh man, I hope I can get my Wii to do this! Then, I won't have to buy the SNES games from Nintendo, I can just emulate them! :P

The DVD capabilities are there as far as I know, but Nintendo didn't want to raise the price of the consoles with royalty fee's in order to play DVDs.

From what I have heard it will become a feature in the future, whether its a software deal for us brave souls that stood in line or restricted to later versions we will have yet to see.

Enjoying my new wii, not enjoying the finals I have next week. Oh the agony.

Blog Entries

Wii can play DVD's, theres a modchip that allows it to do so which im getting a modchip in January, and as for homebrew Nintendo keep updating the Wii software. there will be another Update for the News Channel when that becomes available, modchip is going to be (I think) the only option on Wii for homebrew (and) the only way to play DVD's

> www.wiimodchip.co.uk <

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    Wii can play DVD's, theres a modchip that allows it to do so which im getting a modchip in January, and as for homebrew Nintendo keep updating the Wii software. there will be another Update for the News Channel when that becomes available, modchip is going to be (I think) the only option on Wii for homebrew (and) the only way to play DVD's

> www.wiimodchip.co.uk <
    Interesting, but it seems a little lacking in actual links to chips or this "wiiloader", although being able to use an external HDD would be pretty cool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information